Forest Edge Pre-Olympia Show

Jacko

Visit site
Anyone going? I know we must be mad - especially looking at the weather:eek:

But I'm just trying out a new warm-up and brakes with my mare so doing the 1.05 and then 1.15 on Friday. Then hope to go back for the 1.20 on the Saturday.

What are other people planning on doing? Other than staying at home in the warm :p

Jesstickle

Visit site
Hallo. I might come and watch a friend jump the 1.20 and the 1.30 on Saturday so if you're going to be there let me know and I'll buy you a coffee :)

ETS: I'm not completely barking. She came to video my little baby jump the 60cm unaffiliated last weekend so fair's fair! :D

Lolo

Visit site
I'm shivering just thinking. Forest Edge is amazing, but also the coldest place on this earth, ever. I feel chilled to my bones after going there- the only time I haven't been so cold I ache was this summer when the temperatures were at a record high!

Sportyspots

Visit site
Was planning on going but losing all enthusiasm at the moment. On nights so wondering if time to leave Suffolk at 7am, drive to Essex to collect horse and then be in Norfolk in time for the Discovery. Will then be too tired to enjoy after 12hr shift.
Schedule confused me as said no entries on day at the top then entries taken on the day in the t&c at the bottom, then a letter saying entry fees wrong but not what they were so think I'm going to hibernate instead!
Good luck to all who are going.

Jacko

Visit site
I know, this time of year isn't easy and I'm only competing one as the thought of competing two on my own is too stressfull. I did it last winter and never again! My Mum promises to help with warm-up fences which is only if i can get her out of the cafe :p

Jesstickle

Visit site
I'm shivering just thinking. Forest Edge is amazing, but also the coldest place on this earth, ever. I feel chilled to my bones after going there- the only time I haven't been so cold I ache was this summer when the temperatures were at a record high!

Isn't that the truth? I just wear the horse's stable rug if I'm watching :)

showjumpingfilly

Visit site
Noo Arena UK is colder! Trust me!! Did pre olympia in dec and then arena in jan and arena was definately colder!!

I love pre olympia but it was so cold last year! Fab show though. Prices were ridiculous on original schedule unfortunantely so think it will be quiet

Jacko

Visit site
Is it bad that I semi hope it won't be too busy:eek:. I will be interested to see how big the warm-up now is (they said it has been extended), as with the foul weather tonight I won't be too keen to warm-up on the grass like I normally do. Please tell the rain to leave us alone, as cold is bad enough without wet too!:mad:

Jesstickle

Visit site
Is it bad that I semi hope it won't be too busy:eek:. I will be interested to see how big the warm-up now is (they said it has been extended), as with the foul weather tonight I won't be too keen to warm-up on the grass like I normally do. Please tell the rain to leave us alone, as cold is bad enough without wet too!:mad:

manageable but hardly what you would call enormous :) Although it may just have felt little as my 4yo gets a bit *ahem* forward after a fence :D

The actual coldest place on earth is Cottenham racecourse but I doubt many people have been there so no point using that as a reference point!

Bobbly

Visit site
Please everyone, do go and support them at Forest Edge, just a family team, they have put a lot of time and money into running the place and need all the support they can get in these difficult times.