Found Dog

StowfordPress

Visit site
In a bit of a tizz, found a lost dog on a busy road so stopped and brought him home. Not sure what to do with him because of COVID, vets are all closed except for emergencies, RSPCA website said emergency calls only, and Facebook posts are taking a while to be approved. Although he’s very friendly and gets on fine with my dog, would be nice to find his owner ASAP as he’s upsetting her a bit as he won’t stop trying to bloody hump her! Couldn’t of left him as there’s a storm coming. Any advice welcome as I have a talent for panicking.

Moobli

Visit site
I’d post on all local lost/found dog pages. What breed and I’ll have a quick search to see if there are any posts looking for said dog in your area?

StowfordPress

Visit site
This is how we got our Hector. No one was interested, and as it was 2 days before Xmas the council kennels said they would PTS. Advertised him all over, no response. Still here 5 1/2 years later!!!
Bless you for keeping him! That’s a bit worrying, although he’s ignored the cat and small furries so far so if he’ll stop mounting my one he might be welcoming to stay

SOS

Visit site
Councils *should* offer a 24 hour dog warden service. So ringing the council is your best bet. That said I have had to be quite stern on the phone before to find out what kennels are the out of hours for the dog warden. You would then have to take him there.

A vets would hopefully scan him for a chip which he should have by law anyway. That’s the best bet tomorrow.

StowfordPress

Visit site
Councils *should* offer a 24 hour dog warden service. So ringing the council is your best bet. That said I have had to be quite stern on the phone before to find out what kennels are the out of hours for the dog warden. You would then have to take him there.

A vets would hopefully scan him for a chip which he should have by law anyway. That’s the best bet tomorrow.
Will have a dog for the number thank you /)

Moobli

Visit site
There will be a council pound. The kennel in our area will collect strays from all over the Borders but I don’t know what the protocol is in your area or with the current situation.