FOUND-GSD bitch in Wakefield.

anniebags

Visit site
This afternoon we passed a thin bewildered looking German Shepherd wandering along one of the main roads in the town centre.

We pulled over and called to her but she walked away and as we were blocking the road we had to move on. We did a loop round the one way system then saw her going into a car park that was chock a block with shoppers and obviously traffic. We drove round and eventually found her laid exhausted in a shop doorway. To cut a long story short we took her to the nearest vets who scanned her but couldn't find a microchip but kindly offered to take her to the rescue shelter this evening. She's a middle aged girl, incredibly thin but very sweet natured and has obviously been someone's pet as she was giving a paw and asking for more biscuits when she was fed at the vets.

I'm not able to offer her a home myself but hoped that someone off her may know where she's come from or step in and offer her one as I'm not sure what the rescue policy is and how long before she'll be PTS. The rescue is Cliffe Kennels in Barnsley and she'll be going there about 5pm.

Also in AAD.

cobmum

Visit site
I dont know her put if at risk of being pts will speak with parents, we lost our rescue gsd cross last year to old age and parents have a huge gap ever since!

anniebags

Visit site
Thanks. The rescue number is 01226 762391 if they would like to find out about her. I said I'll ring them tomorrow to see if they have any luck finding her owner but I'm scared to ask what their PTS policy is in case they say 7 days...I know it will be their busiest time of year too which is why I'm doing my best to find her a back up plan!

cobmum

Visit site
Aww bless you, if possible post a couple of p
ics i will send to some dog loving friends and if no joy then i will send to my parents. Can totally understand, cannot let her be pts in 7 days!

SeasonalSituation

Visit site
If possible photos. I.don't think I can really take her on. It friends who may be able to and if cobsmums parents can't take her then I could offer her a foster home until I could find somewhere permenent.

anniebags

Visit site
She was not registered as missing on Dogslost when I checked today but I have put a message on today to say she's been found and sent to kennels in Barnsley.

anniebags

Visit site
keep trying to put a link to her dogslost poster but it keep linking to my personal details instead! Maybe someone more talented than me can do it!

Last edited:

dingle12

Visit site
Just to let you know she will be put down at cliffe kennels, they tell everyone they dont PTS but they do. Sadly too many dogs about. Is she already there? if anyone wants to re home her get her before she goes to the kennels as they will charge you £200 for her and says they have vacc,wormed and chipped her even if she has only been in there care for 10 min.

anniebags

Visit site
Just to let you know she will be put down at cliffe kennels, they tell everyone they dont PTS but they do. Sadly too many dogs about. Is she already there? if anyone wants to re home her get her before she goes to the kennels as they will charge you £200 for her and says they have vacc,wormed and chipped her even if she has only been in there care for 10 min.

I was assured by the receptionist that she would be kept for 7 days then put up for adoption. She seemed very familiar with them. I feel sick at the thought that I've possibly sent her to her death. How do you know they will PTS? What experience do you have of them? She will be there by now.

dingle12

Visit site
Which vets did you take her to? ive had a few dealings with them a few years ago things may have changed and they DO have to keep her for 7 days so she will be fine for the 7 days for sure.
Fingers crossed you can find her a home you did the best for her.

dingle12

Visit site
She will be fine in cliffe for 7 days and she maybe put up for adoption all im saying is they do PTS (ive done some from there in the past ) but on the other hand they have had some long stays. If anyone knows of anyone willing to give her a home get her but you will have the fee even though she has only just gone in as they will have to chip and vacc her.

SeasonalSituation

Visit site
I don't think my bank balance can warrant the fee after Xmas. If anything comes about I will let peru all know though. We can't really send her to be LTE if we can help it.

dingle12

Visit site
If you ring tom they may not charge you the fee however now she is there care im sure she will have to stay there for the 7 days unless her owner comes forward and they will have to pay to have her back.

anniebags

Visit site
I'll ring tomorrow and see what they say. She went to the vet at pets at home as it was the closest to her at the time and open on the bank holiday. I feel so heavy hearted now. I could contribute towards her get out of jail fee if a loving home was available? <<clutches straws>>

SeasonalSituation

Visit site
I couldn't offer her a permanent home but a foster home until she's sorted out and ready to start a new life could happen .let me know how the call goes. One more dog saved is better then none. :)

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Annie, I've posted a link to DogLost Yorkshire on AAD, can you join on there, lots of people in the area who are keen to help. They seem aware of the kennels but no mention of this pts policy, I will post her details on GSD Rescue they may be able to remove her from there after the 7 days.

cobmum

Visit site
I rang them last night and they told me only dog they had in from wakefield was a staffy. Wouldnt be able topay £200 straight after christmas but sure i could ge parents to offer at least a foster home to save her frm being pts

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I have now heard conflicting stories, both that they pts after 7 days, and also that they will try their level best to rehome, working with other rescues etc. If she only went in last night it could be she wasn't "booked in" as such so not showing on their records. Hopefully annie will get hold of them and find out more today.

anniebags

Visit site
OK, I just spoke to the lady at the kennels. She has the dog there. She will be kept there for 7 days to allow her owner to come forward, after which she will be "passed on to rescue". I asked where that was likely to be and she said wherever they could find a place. I asked would she be put to sleep and she said only if the vet advised her to be.

anniebags

Visit site
Annie, I've posted a link to DogLost Yorkshire on AAD, can you join on there, lots of people in the area who are keen to help. They seem aware of the kennels but no mention of this pts policy, I will post her details on GSD Rescue they may be able to remove her from there after the 7 days.

Thank you so much MurphysMinder. I really hope someone can give her a home.x