Found myself a trainer!

piaffe

Visit site
Woohoo! well, not really found one. Got in touch with my old trainer who said she would happily train V and me on!
grin.gif
She's excellent so cannot wait.

problem is, had hoped she could come to me but YO said earlier that she would not be happy for trainer to teach me at my yard because YO is an instructor. I feel this is unfair as YO is an AI, with very little interest/experience in dressage and is used to teaching pony club camp etc. not that there is anything wrong with that but its just not what im looking for.
frown.gif

Has anyone else had this problem?
confused.gif

Weezy

Visit site
GRRR yes have had this prob before

Ask her if you can "hire" the arena for an hour and use it for your lesson

TBH its a bit tight, not as though you are on a busy yard that has the arena in constant use is it!

piaffe

Visit site
Tried that!
frown.gif

I don't mind traveling to my trainer. shes half an hour away (nearer than she used to be) but, at present does not have a school. her 60x 20 will not be ready until the end of this month. I WANT TO START NOW!
frown.gif

Its just more hassle y'know, having to box up, drive over etc, just makes the whole process more work. WOuld love to move yards but don't know of anywhere else.

jackpalfreyman

Visit site
Thtat to me sounds extremely unfair! does it say anywhere in your contract that you MUST use teh onsite instructor??

I would kick uop some serious [****] about it, but thats just me! And it sounds to me like you should be giving her dressage lessons with your exzperience rather than the other way around!

piaffe

Visit site
Dont actually have a contract!
shocked.gif

It is getting me down a little now but there is nothing i can do and i don't like to cause trouble.
frown.gif

piaffe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Cant you have your training when she isnt around
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! did think about it but im so worried about getting into trouble that i wouldnt risk it! you know me!
blush.gif

piaffe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well cause trouble then mrs!!!!! or as louise says, do when tehy arnt around
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nooooo! if i get caught my horses might be homeless!
grin.gif

loopeepee

Visit site
We dont have that problem (YO is Nellie's Instructor), but if I was ever keeping a horse there, my trainer is allowed to come - just so long as I tell YO (to make sure she has no lessons planned in the arena etc!)
So im quite lucky in the respect.

Elise

Visit site
Yes I had this problem before - annoying isn't it - grr!! I was told I couldn't have my trainer teach me at this yard due to insurance reasons?? The thing is as I don't have transport it would have ended up costing me a fortune having to hire a lorry every time I wanted a lesson! Instead I used to have lessons on one of my trainer's horses at her yard. However in the end I ended up moving my horse to my trainer's yard and I am so much happier now and so is he!

piaffe

Visit site
Gosh! That must have been even more infuriating.
mad.gif
At least I have a lorry. I'd love to move to my trainers yard but its about 40 mins from my house so not really practical.
frown.gif

Elise

Visit site
I think it's very unfair that they have these stupid rules when all people want to do is improve. Also when you have found a good trainer I think it is unfair that people expect you to change to someone else who isn't really what you are looking for!! As I said I was told they weren't allowed to because of insurance but I don't really believe that! Is there a school near by within hacking distance that you could hire out for a small fee?

piaffe

Visit site
Sadly the nearest one is a 10 min drive away and they charge £10 an hour.
frown.gif

I could understand it more it YO was a "trainer" but, she'd be the first to admit that she has no interest in teaching dressage.

Elise

Visit site
Maybe find out (from BHS or somewhere?) if there is a real reason why they can say this (as I'm sure there isn't) and then go and have a word with YO again saying you aren't stepping on anyone's toes as it's dressage you are concentrating on so need a dressage trainer. If they try and fob you off with stupid reasons then at least you will have a come back if they aren't true. Hopefully it will be worth a try!! Anyway good luck!!

burtie

Visit site
Seems to be quite common around here. Our yard are quite happy to let you have your own instructor, as it is mine keeps her horse at the yard anyway. You can't book the school for your lesson, but the other liveries are generally all very happy to work around you and try and keep out your way if you are having a lesson.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
It seems very short sighted of your YO to refuse permission. Does she not want to improve too?!

You would have thought there could be a good business oportunity there if your trainer could come there to you; it might lead to others on the yard wanting lessons, which in turn could lead to other people wanting livery there because your trainer is there regularly, like wheels within wheels. Also if your YO had lessons too she could improve her knowledge which should make her a better teacher which would attract more clients; wouldn't she like to be a better instructor herself or is she content to rest on her laurels and let a golden oportunity pass her by?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
It is a pity the YO has that view but wether you feel it is unfair or not it is the view the YO holds & that is that. Don't be swayed by the people saying have a lesson on the yard when the YO is not there. Without a doubt the YO will find out & you will be told to leave because you will have gone directly against what the YO has said. Also don't 'kick up serious ****' like someone else says.(ridiculous) If you do any of these things you had better have another yard to go to because without a doubt you will be given notice to quit. If it was your yard would you like to be dictated to by one of your liveries? Definately not. You'll have to take your horse away for the training you want or move yards.