Found some new visitors in my field today!

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
and they were definitely more interesting that the previous set of lively children and Mr Helicopter Man (see previous posts for more info). Popped up to walk the dog down the footpath around the field, then back and stuck her in the car for a minute to pop into the field and give a carrot to my boy. Got to the other side of the field and saw a man and woman (a little out of breath!) jogging around...not again I thought, and prepared my best 'this isn't a park' speech. They came over and I asked if I could help, then they flashed their badges and said they were police chasing a suspect!

Actually couldn't believe my eyes...they ran all over the field before being joined by some more policemen, looking for someone who had apparently escaped from someones house via the gardens that back onto my field. Ponies were very bemused and luckily didn't join in the chase. Got back to my car and there were three police cars waiting with numerous policemen cornering off exit from the field - had to meekly say I had only gone in to give a carrot to the pony and they let me out (after promising not to let their dogs loose in my field - apparently they aren't good with livestock!). Drove round the corner and three more cars pulled up, plus three cars down the road that backs onto my field.

Have to say i'm intrigued as to what this suspect did to get such a large police response! Luckily I didn't see him as I walked down the footpath (as its out of view from everyone else) but I do wonder where he disappeared to - the field is bordered on three sides by houses and the fourth side by the footpath (with police at both ends) and the M25 on the other side of that!

Last edited:

billy2

Visit site
Mmmm, I was taking a pub ride out from work just before Christmas and as we were hacking along a path an averagely scruffy bloke started to walk towards us - I began to edge the ride away when he flashed his police ID and explained he and his colleagues were looking for stolen property thrown away by fleeing (but quickly apprehended) car thieves, could we keep an eye out for lurking car radios, please...!

Ladydragon

Visit site
Probably someone not paid their TV licence, that normally gets the Helicopter out as well though.

That did make me chuckle... :D

The helicopter gets exercised over our area quite regularly... I think it just gets bored and nips out to test its lights...:)