found some stables in nottingham area..opinions please

weiser

Visit site
ok so ive been on the websites for the following and wondered if anyone knows anything about these yards?
buckleap stables, mansfield road,arnold
west bridgeford equestrian centre, adbolton lane,west bridgeford
fairview farm stud and equestrian centre, ravenshead

any opions/suggestion on other yards close to nottingham wouls be a great help, thanks!
wink.gif

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I don't know any of those. I used to have lessons at Elvaston Castle Riding Centre, between Derby and Nottingham. Nice place, great hacking. Also spent some time at The School of National Equitation near Costock, south of Nottingham - great facilities

filly190

Visit site
The stables at Arnold and West Bridgford will have very limited hacking. The last one you mentioned has endless hacking around forestry. I personally dont know any of them but the later would be the best for riding.

ljubb

Visit site
What sort of yard are you looking for? the yard that i am at offers diy, assisted and full livery. We have woodland hacking although there is only four or five different rides, grass gallops, post and rail fencing with automatic water, straw and hay is inculded in the price, two schools one indoor which is about 20m by 35m so a little small and the outdoor is about 60 by 40m, secure tack room etc..

It is just off the A453 outside clifton...if sounds any good let me know but i understand they sometimes have a waiting list so don't know if there is any space at the mo.

Heidi1

Visit site
Chap I work with is at Buckleap and he is happy with it, have nice facilities, but not sure about the hacking as it's of the main A60, don't know anything about West Bridgford, Fairview I went to look at a horsebox with a friend, seemed friendly, but didn't get to look around, the owner is Debbie Cox. Best thing to do is have a look around these places........ Have you tried calling a few local saddlers to see if they have any advertised.....

KatB

Visit site
Avoid West Bridgford! It is just a badly run riding school, the school is builders sand and it is child heaven. Leave well alone!! Hacking is not bad around the area though. Know of Fairview, they have a decent reputation. Buckleap have decent facilities, have heard mixed reports about the management, but people seem to stay there.

wiglet

Visit site
Knew someone who was at Buckleap. They have since left but said it was ok - you can have the type of livery you want - full/part/assisted/grass but, it is quite pricey especially if you opt for DIY with assistance. I guess they make their money with the assistance bit. Facilities seem ok - they have a school (think it's floodlit), jumps and they used to have a XC course. Hacking is fairly limited but I think you can pay extra (another extra!!) and use a farmers land to gain access to nearby parkland.

Fairview is a riding school so there are always lots of kiddies about. Facilities ok but when I looked round the stables were all pretty small - ok for ponies. Don't know if more and bigger stables have been built (it was a while ago when I looked). Don't think Debbie Cox runs it anymore??? Hacking is good with lots of woodland to ride in - you'd have to do a tiny bit of roadwork though.