Found the ideal livery yard - happy post!

Dumbo

Visit site
I've never been happy at my current livery yard. The facilities are poor -arena is tiny and the surface is horrid, stable is too small, hacking is mostly on road, my horse has been labelled the 'bully' so has been grazing on a tiny strip of grass and I'm really looked down on as I'm the youngest owner and least experienced. Also, the YO is way more interested in money than the welfare of the horses - there are far too many for the space they have (34 horses on 15 acres!) She's also very unorganised and always gives the bill 3 months late which is always depressing to pay!
I thought I had been to see every other yard in the area but there were always issues that prevented me from moving.
Anyway, I've just sorted a place at the ideal yard! :D
It's DIY, all year individual turnout, 20x40 arena with jumps, miles of off road hacking over the farm land, indoor large stables and the feel is so much friendlier! I mentioned that I ride in a bitless bridle and instead of getting the usual 'oh, how the hell do you have control?!' I got 'that's brilliant!'
It's on route to where I will be working for the next year too.
I'm now really looking forward to the future - just need to pass my driving test, move my horse, start my job and hopefully everything will fall in to place! I'm so excited and relieved! :D

firefoxgirl

Visit site
Would love to move there myself. I'm having a very depressing experience myself at the moment.I have been desperate to move over the last so many months but don't want to move for moving sakes. I want to find a decent yard to enjoy our horses. But that's the problem, finding somewhere.:(

Quantock-cob

Visit site
very happy for you - hope it all works out for you. It sounds perfect.

I too am desperate to move yards - going to see another local one next week. So far every place I have looked at has something wrong with it.

It has got to the point that I have told my OH that if I can't move soon I will consider selling my horse. I am so fed up with the yard we are on and the attitude of the YO that it makes me miserable to go down there to see my horse.

Dumbo

Visit site
Would love to move there myself. I'm having a very depressing experience myself at the moment.I have been desperate to move over the last so many months but don't want to move for moving sakes. I want to find a decent yard to enjoy our horses. But that's the problem, finding somewhere.:(

I can relate! I viewed everywhere then just randomly stumbled across this one. You will find somewhere, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

very happy for you - hope it all works out for you. It sounds perfect.

I too am desperate to move yards - going to see another local one next week. So far every place I have looked at has something wrong with it.

It has got to the point that I have told my OH that if I can't move soon I will consider selling my horse. I am so fed up with the yard we are on and the attitude of the YO that it makes me miserable to go down there to see my horse.

Thank you :)
Again, I can relate! I don't look foward to going to see my horse either, I try to go later in the evenings when I know everyone has gone home! Hopefully this one you view next week will be right!

firefoxgirl

Visit site
"It has got to the point that I have told my OH that if I can't move soon I will consider selling my horse."

I'm the same (but not to sell but will just move to any old place to get some summer enjoyment out of our horses), it has got me so down, I just go, do the necessities, put the horses out for a couple of hours (we have 24hr turnout at the moment so that's good), then leave, i've only ridden/hacked a handful of times all winter, i'm normally there all day working them, pottering around, watching them etc. Having no enjoyment in it and it really stresses me out as it's a massive part of my life, like all horsey types. I'm not snobby,I just have standards :)

"I try to go later in the evenings when I know everyone has gone home! "
We do too, in fact, weekends are just like weekdays now.

It's got to the point, I just feel like i do nothing but moan about it all the time. Alternatives are hard to find at present.