Four weeks and three days to R Day! Advice please!

pocket

Visit site
Well, I have not ridden now for 15 months and 3 operations on my knees later, I'm hoping that I will be given the all clear to ride in 4 weeks
grin.gif

I had an ACL reconstruction on my knee in April and now nearly 6 months post op. Has anyone got any advice on how to approach riding again? I've been a good girl and done all my physio and go to the gym at least 3 times a week, has anyone else had a similar experience? How did you break yourselves in???????

TicTac

Visit site
I fractured my left tibial plateau a few years ago , made a right mess of it and had several operations to put it right. When I was able to start riding again I had a very good horse that was able to tolerate my slight unlevelness. My only advice would be is to keep up with your excercises to help strenghten your knee and don't go thinking that you will be able to wizz around a cross country course for a while. Take it slowly and only do as much as you feel you are able. I know my limitations and have accepted that I can no longer jump comfortably. I'm sure you will be fine.

p.s I found cycling a very good excercise.