Fourtrak v Terrano

evsj

Visit site
Sorry if the 4x4 thing has been done to death but I have a couple of specific questions for those who own either of the above....

How easy is it to get fourtrak parts now that they don't make the vehicle any more? I know these things pull really well but I am a bit worried I am going to struggle to get things fixed when they do go wrong!

Is a Terrano tD capable of pulling 2x large horses comfortably? What are these like in terms of ruggedness?

pottamus

Visit site
I have a Terrano and it is brilliant! They pull really well and are solid, well built and reliable. We have been so impressed by them that when my OH changed his car he bought another one! They are rugged and are a good work horse...which is what I got mine for.

Parkranger

Visit site
I've just brought a Terrano and love it! Haven't towed yet but it's got a great name for itself.

I think the fourtrack is quite expensive and has held it's price well but you can't buy anymore?

If you want something as your only car, I'd go for a Terrano - mines got full leather interior and very comfy x

evsj

Visit site

Thanks for the Terrano votes! No, they don't make Fourtraks anymore, not for UK market anyway.

Hoping one of those many Fourtrak-lovers out there will be able to answer the other question!!

SpaceMolly

Visit site
OH has a fourtrak it has just come back from the garage, they ordered the parts a week in advance but said it was easy enough to get hold of them. Hope this helps.
smile.gif

Dovorian

Visit site
OH and I both worked for Daihatsu until the end of the Fourtrak, htere should be plenty of parts available in the old network and many non oem spare. The risky bits may be panels and some specific electricals.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Fourtrak voter here!!
grin.gif

We're on our second, they pull like a dream and ours have been ultra reliable too. They seem to hold their money better than some other 4x4s too. Parts shouldn't be too much of a problem, there are plenty of adverts about for them and if we've ever needed one, the garage has been able to get them very quickly.

Patches

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I've just brought a Terrano and love it! Haven't towed yet but it's got a great name for itself.

I think the fourtrack is quite expensive and has held it's price well but you can't buy anymore?

If you want something as your only car, I'd go for a Terrano - mines got full leather interior and very comfy x

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that we all converted you (made you see sense
tongue.gif
)

I knew you wouldn't be disappointed. They drive like a car don't they, not a big tank of a jeep?

I love mine and am looking to get a newer model in the next few months. You wait till you tow with it. You will be seriously impressed!

To the OP, there is a reason why alot of farmers these days seem to own Terranos.....they ARE fabulous workhorses and well powered to deal with the demands of towing cow trailers/horse trailers.

We have 230 acres at home. They are excellent off road vehicles....the mud on ours is testament to that!
grin.gif