Fox attacks baby

thinlizzy

Visit site
foxes come out anytime dosnt have to be midnight, or one oclock in the morning, i see them , quite a lot when i hack over fields during the day-big fat ones and i live very close to a citycentre and they dont care about me or my horse and they are quite big !
Its just really sad and upsetting dont forget two innocent babies are casulties of this ,harrietlong,can i ask you what would you do if this was your twin babies ?Keep it as a pet ?

joe_carby

Visit site
Ever heard of feral dog packs? We have them in the UK believe it or not. Aside from feral dogs, Pariah dogs are a recognised sub species a variations are found in several countries- India, USA, Australasia.

a couple more

wild african hunting dogs

and dogs are only decendants of wolves

Tormenta

Visit site
Thanks for replying to those who answered me.

I am so used to hearing the odd one and rarely seeing them, the times I have they have took off at speed. I suppose I found this fox's behaviour abnormal in my own experience in that it was so bold which is why I thought there may have been something wrong, injury, old age etc. I didn't mean to sound ignorant, I just hardly ever see them :)

Mike007

Visit site
Just thank god we havn,t got Rabies in this country.....yet. TB is endemic in not just Badgers,but even the wild boar,and feral pgs are now carrying it.Yet the Bunnyhuggers protest at culling.

Groom42

Visit site
I suppose if the bloody foxes looked more like rats, and less like the things that curl up on your hearthrugs, people would be less "bunny huggy" about them.

harkback

Visit site
Just thank god we havn,t got Rabies in this country.....yet. TB is endemic in not just Badgers,but even the wild boar,and feral pgs are now carrying it.Yet the Bunnyhuggers protest at culling.

Well if the EU dictators have their way by 2012 we may be open to rabies if they make the UK comply with most mainland European countries and not allow the pets passport entry into the UK and Ireland have rabies vaccination as compulsory.

Laur

Visit site
I am a forensic science student and one of my modules this year was bite mark analysis. We were shown a photograph of a toddler who was bitten by a rat while he was sleeping in his cot and the injuries to his face were awful. It is so important to be vigilant with vermin control as these attacks do happen all the time (and in most cases a bite mark analyst will be called in to confirm the injuries were indeed caused by a rat/fox etc and not by a person). In several cases similar injuries have occured by family pets escaping from the cages (ferrets, rats, gerbils etc).
It is worrying though to think they had left the door open, the children could have been abducted (thinking back to the McCann case). Many people who live in the city are oblvious to the fact that there are foxes about, they think they only live in the country. I think that families view on fox hunting may have changed after this horrible situation!

endymion

Visit site
I am a forensic science student and one of my modules this year was bite mark analysis. We were shown a photograph of a toddler who was bitten by a rat while he was sleeping in his cot and the injuries to his face were awful. It is so important to be vigilant with vermin control as these attacks do happen all the time (and in most cases a bite mark analyst will be called in to confirm the injuries were indeed caused by a rat/fox etc and not by a person). In several cases similar injuries have occured by family pets escaping from the cages (ferrets, rats, gerbils etc).
It is worrying though to think they had left the door open, the children could have been abducted (thinking back to the McCann case). Many people who live in the city are oblvious to the fact that there are foxes about, they think they only live in the country. I think that families view on fox hunting may have changed after this horrible situation!

Do you think we should kill every animals that's dangerous to humans then?

I think most Londoners know about urban foxes, they are very common.

endymion

Visit site
How many children are savaged by dogs every year? Don't know why everyone is going hysterical over a very rare (but very sad) incident with a fox!

Perhaps we should get rid of all dogs!

Sparkles

Visit site
TBH...I can't really see a hunt going round London highstreets and surburbia ;)

Lawn hopping anyone? :p

Kat

Visit site
Could be fun.......... jumping the privet hedges, garden benches, waterfeatures and play equipment. Would be a nice varied days hunting!

Sparkles

Visit site
I am aware of that...it wasn't made as a serious statement meant to imply fact, just a joking comment to add to the list lol ;)

Would just be the same as someone going on about 'them tweed wearing country bumpkins that drive around in land rovers' :p

Last edited:

endymion

Visit site
I am aware of that...it wasn't made as a serious statement meant to imply fact, just a joking comment to add to the list lol ;)

Would just be the same as someone going on about 'them tweed wearing country bumpkins that drive around in land rovers' :p

When you guys did the parliament protest there was loads of tweed around though!!! :)

Sparkles

Visit site
I really don't follow government/parliament...so have no idea what protest you're on about :s Does that make me a rubbish person? LOL.

Whoever lifts the ban...then I'll like them :p Easily pleased!!! Haha.

Laur

Visit site
Do you think we should kill every animals that's dangerous to humans then?

I think most Londoners know about urban foxes, they are very common.

No I didnt suggest that at all. I think people need to be more aware of the dangers of these types of attacks and take preventative measures.

endymion

Visit site
No I didnt suggest that at all. I think people need to be more aware of the dangers of these types of attacks and take preventative measures.

You suggested that people may change their opinion on fox hunting in light of the incident. I was trying to make the point that this isn't a reason to be pro-hunt as other animals are dangerous to people and we don't hunt them.

I think your opinion sounds sensible but a fox attack on a baby is a pretty rare occurance.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Sorry but the whole thing does not ring true with me, (neither did the dingo dissaperance or the abduction of poor maddie) - but at least this mother does appear (on the surface) to be distruaght ..... why would the mother not have a baby monitor? how did the fox get upstairs unseen?, why did the 1st baby not scream? what were the parents doing at the time?.

At the end of the day we have driven foxes and much wildlife into areas they would not normally frequent and to coin a phrase - you reep what you sow...

rosie fronfelen

Visit site
apparently the parents were having a barbecue at the time, it was late afternoon. why do you have to be so untrusting on this subject i wonder? another bunny hugger? the parents are well educated holding down good jobs, also this isn't the first time an urban fox has attacked a human!!i do find your post rather negative and insulting- do you know ANYTHING about the way a fox acts and are you really suggesting the mother did this to her babies herself??

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Nope - no bunny hugging here - just come back from shooting the little sods.... had about 20 this week....and i have no objections to hunting or shooting MR Fox either... And yes i am sorry but me and a good number of my circle - mostly country bumkins into shooting, and farming are finding this story a bit bizzare.... no i dont suggest mum did this herself, but what about a family pet? most good parents of children that young remain in ear shot or have nannys or squawk boxes to keep tabs on the children.

Must have been a pretty quite barbi if a fox would "sneak" past all these people, savage two young children and they only make "muffeld" crys.... a bit like maddies mum saying we were only downstairs....when they did not use the nanny service (must have been a bit too expensive for middle class doctors to afford !) and they were only down the stairs, past the swimimng pool and over the other side at a taverna... so yep only downstairs. Poor kid - oh and she was soo distruaght she managed to match her outfit the next day when the twins were taken to nursery..... no way would you let your other children out of your sight if one was missing..!

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Rosiefen - another point if these were not the children of "middle class whom hold down a good job" you can bet your bottom dollar that the whole meida slant on this would be totally different... god forbid it had happend to an unemployed single mother in a tower block the social services would have been in like a shot - same with the Mccann case - if that had been lower class parents in benidorm the twins would have been taken into care as soon as they stepped back on uk soil and i believe they should have as well. Just because you are "middle class holding down a perceived good job" does not make you a good parent and folks should be judged on how they conduct themselves not on their image.

SpruceRI

Visit site
apparently the parents were having a barbecue at the time, it was late afternoon. why do you have to be so untrusting on this subject i wonder? another bunny hugger? the parents are well educated holding down good jobs, also this isn't the first time an urban fox has attacked a human!!i do find your post rather negative and insulting- do you know ANYTHING about the way a fox acts and are you really suggesting the mother did this to her babies herself??

Except that the first news report I heard was that the parents were in the living room watching Britains Got Talent. Were they having a BBQ in front of the tele??

This all doesn't ring true with me either, and I'm wondering whether it was actually a family pet that attacked those babies.

As surely the kitchen litter bin smells a better place for a fox to mooch around in rather than in the door, straight up the stairs and into a babies room?

Hum.... there's been sooo many reports about how the fox got in and where the parents were at the time.... and weird that the babies hardly whimpered.

I'd be interested to hear about the bite marks analysis

rosie fronfelen

Visit site
Except that the first news report I heard was that the parents were in the living room watching Britains Got Talent. Were they having a BBQ in front of the tele??

This all doesn't ring true with me either, and I'm wondering whether it was actually a family pet that attacked those babies.

As surely the kitchen litter bin smells a better place for a fox to mooch around in rather than in the door, straight up the stairs and into a babies room?

Hum.... there's been sooo many reports about how the fox got in and where the parents were at the time.... and weird that the babies hardly whimpered.

I'd be interested to hear about the bite marks analysis

so madhossy, what are you implying? do you as well suspect the parents? do you know the lay out of the house? it just doesn't get away from the fact that NOONE wants to blame cuddly, fluffy mr.fox, oh. Charlie wouldn' do such a thing!! this is what people are trying to say.

rosie fronfelen

Visit site
Rosiefen - another point if these were not the children of "middle class whom hold down a good job" you can bet your bottom dollar that the whole meida slant on this would be totally different... god forbid it had happend to an unemployed single mother in a tower block the social services would have been in like a shot - same with the Mccann case - if that had been lower class parents in benidorm the twins would have been taken into care as soon as they stepped back on uk soil and i believe they should have as well. Just because you are "middle class holding down a perceived good job" does not make you a good parent and folks should be judged on how they conduct themselves not on their image.

ok, i know nuffin!only live on a farm and hubby is a huntsman- what he and my sons dont know about foxes is not worth knowing- i am not posting on this subject any more as i'm treated as an idiot, and all things considered i cannot take it anyway- so fire away, im sure these poor parents wold "love" to read these posts!!

SpruceRI

Visit site
so madhossy, what are you implying? do you as well suspect the parents? do you know the lay out of the house? it just doesn't get away from the fact that NOONE wants to blame cuddly, fluffy mr.fox, oh. Charlie wouldn' do such a thing!! this is what people are trying to say.

Nope rosiefronfelen, I'm not implying the fox is a lovely fluffy gentle creature at all, or that he/she wouldn't do such a thing, I'm querying the several changes to the story by different news reporters. Such things make me suspicious as to what the truth really is.

I do not doubt that the babies were injured by an animal.

This is not a personal attack against you.... just a debate like all the other debates on here. Sorry I 'spoke'....as unlike you, I do not know everything there is to know about foxes.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Rosie - i am also not defending or protecting the "fox" but what i am saying is basically if you are not there for your children then things may happen - i really cannot comprehend a mother not being able to hear its 9 month old children - it just does not sit in any way shape or form with the way i have been brought up - or event expect mums to behave. I actually am very anti children - do not have them, do not want them, BUT i certainly do not want them to get hurt - this mums parenting skills certainly leave a lot to be desired - it may have been a fox attack or a dog or rat, it may have been a fire or one of the children choking - which ever it was 99.9% of parents would have know in an instance - ie they would have been in the same room, had a squawk box etc - at the end of the day these were 9 month old children - okay not at the most vunerable stage but pretty close - and to that end the parenting skills are questionalbe - and as i stated earlier had this been a high rise flat single mum the social would be in there now interveiwing, blaming and possibly taking into care.

Laur

Visit site
You suggested that people may change their opinion on fox hunting in light of the incident. I was trying to make the point that this isn't a reason to be pro-hunt as other animals are dangerous to people and we don't hunt them.

I think your opinion sounds sensible but a fox attack on a baby is a pretty rare occurance.

It wasnt exactly a suggestion, it was merely a light-hearted joke. Peoples opinion on foxhunting is quite irrelevant in this case really. I just hope the poor kids make a full recovery.