Foxes on housing estate!

ride red rum or milton?

• Total voters

rcm_73

Visit site
I live on a housing estate in Queensferry (North Wales near the border for those that don't know). Lately my neighbours have been complaining of binbags being ripped open and the rubbish strewn all over their back gardens (Flintshire council haven't heard of wheelie-bins!). Initially my cat and his feline friends were getting the blame, but the mess was far too great for a few cats. Then someone spotted a 'dog' in their back garden, my suspicions were more likely a fox. Then one night on my way home from the pub(!) sure enough I spotted the not one but two culprits...two foxes trotting up a driveway seemingly not bothered by the presence of people across the road. As a horse-owner and hunt supporter this latest experience has made me even more pro-hunt as I believe the foxes could become pests, rather like a large rat perhaps. Obviously they are already venturing into built-up areas to scrounge for food. My neighbours are now starting to come round a little to my arguement even if it does take for their binbags to be emptied all over the yard and the thought of poor Floppy the bunny getting it in the neck from a pair of bravado foxes! I'm sure that pair would of stuck their fingers up if they had any and said bollocks to you, we've got laws to protect us now! [color:blue] [/color]

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
This isn't new, I used to work nights for a utility company in South London and we would see more foxes in the urban areas, than we would in the more rural areas around Dartford and Epsom.

ROSSTHEJOCK

Visit site
You really don't have much to worry about if 2 foxes are eating rubbish from bags.

"Run for the hills!!"

Take it easy....you'll live longer.

Fairynuff

Visit site
Sorry, any animal will eventually suss out that easy pickings are to be had if they start frequenting human habitats. How do you think dogs and cats started to become domesticated? It certainly wasnt for the love of mankind! Where there are humans there is rubbish and some of it (a lot of it) is edable. Its mathematical and we have only ourselves to blame. Long live the urban wildlife! mairi. :)

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Long live urban wildlife indeed and the best way to ensure that is to limit its numbers to keep it healthy and disease free.

Just like your deer Mairi.

Clodagh

Visit site
I used to work in Hornchurch and Romford, saw more foxes there than I ever do now out in't country.

Lots flat on the A12, I'm sure it does much better than all Essex hunts combined.