fracture and rehab?

ellie_e

Visit site
So pony is now on day 11 of box rest & cross ties after a kick in the field resulting in a 10cm hairline fracture to radius. We re x-ray 27th April and see what its like. She’s coping pretty well once she stopped untie'ng herself or taking her headcoller off.
So my question is, how long is rehab, will I make any shows this season (BS) she was fit and competition ready before the accident.
I’ve been giving her Bromide and comfry twice a day but she’s come up in hives so have recently stopped comfry to see if its that she’s allergic to.
We're lucky to have a water treadmill 10mins from the yard, where she had 4wks rehab for a sticky stifle 18months ago, I'm thinking of doing the same? Her stifle isn’t great now she’s not in work so hoping that will kill two birds with one stone so to speak, and also a course of cartophen, again used this last season for her stifle and was amazed with the results.
If anyone has any experiences I’m all ears!

conkers

Visit site
If you can find somewhere with a Theraplate that will help speed up the healing, reduce the rehab time and the long term results are really good.
I am nothing to do with the company but do use the plate for a long term injury that my old boy has and it has worked wonders. Worth a shot if you can source one.

ellie_e

Visit site
Im using the Arc equine twice a day as have had great results with it for previous injuries. The theraplate, is that the vibrating plate? Ive seen it advertised on fb.