Frank Baines saddles query

Sophie C

Visit site
I have a Frank Baines Pirouette dressage saddle that I'm trying sell but it has been rejected by three of the main online saddle sale platforms (eg The Saddle Bank). So is this just because Frank Baines saddles are no longer fashionable? Shame, as it's a very comfortable, beautifully made item and much better quality than many of the popular 'big name' saddle brands that dominate the market today. I'll now try to sell it myself via Ebay or Preloved but any other suggestions (eg Facebook groups) gratefully received.

teddy_

Visit site
I suspect this is simply because Frank Baines is a lesser known brand, and the retailers don’t want stock that’ll be difficult to sell - especially when the margins on second hand saddles can be quite small.

I’ve had success selling saddles on eBay, Facebook and Preloved, so give it a shot.

Baywonder

Visit site
Frank originally set up Frank Brains Saddlery back in the 1980's, a few years before my DH, so he has been in business for quite a long time.

Frank's saddles are mainly exported, so that is probably why you don't see that many of them for sale. They really are an excellent quality saddle, so hopefully you won't have too much trouble selling it.

Sophie C

Visit site
Frank originally set up Frank Brains Saddlery back in the 1980's, a few years before my DH, so he has been in business for quite a long time.

Frank's saddles are mainly exported, so that is probably why you don't see that many of them for sale. They really are an excellent quality saddle, so hopefully you won't have too much trouble selling it.

Thank you for letting me know this. In my experience you're dead right about the quality. Mine has outshone the Albions, Jaguar and Ideal I've previously owned by far. Out of interest, do you happen to know where their main export market is, I wonder...

Baywonder

Visit site
Thank you for letting me know this. In my experience you're dead right about the quality. Mine has outshone the Albions, Jaguar and Ideal I've previously owned by far. Out of interest, do you happen to know where their main export market is, I wonder...
I'm afraid I don't know where their main export market - sorry!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
A few fitters in the US, quite a few in Europe. The margins on them are tricky for some ie relatively low. They don't really market themselves much, so you're competing hea done with the demand that's already there for Fairfax, Aviar, even Black Country. As a fitter we realise that working with a brand with no marketing budget is going to make our job harder. True of both my brands!

Definitely good quality, but you may well have to sell it for less than what it seems to be worth on paper, but bear in mind the market is slow overall

ecb89

Visit site
I’ve got a frank baines showing saddle that came with my horse but doesn’t fit anymore. Couldn’t sell it and I wasn’t going to give it away.

millitiger

Visit site
I love Frank Baines saddles but sadly they aren't very popular for selling.
I think they tend to be good for the horses too, much more so than a lot of other more mainstream brands!

ZenaHarris

New User
Visit site
Hi. I am looking for a pirouette saddle! Can you post what size it is etc please! I have just sold a capriole and sadly had the same problem with the online sales platforms and value wise. I don't understand it as they are lovely saddles

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Marketing, pure and simple, though to be fair I had a trade catalogue a while back and I seem to remember only one tree looked like the rails were wide/flat enough for me to consider it a good biomechanical shape for any horse (very common!).

lynz88

Visit site
what is the size of the saddle/details? I just had the saddle fitter out and tried the Pirouette and he really liked it (along with another one). I also felt quite secure in it which surprised me