Frank Baines saddles

pinktiger

Visit site
Looking into new saddle for my boy, he is (bless) a chunky chap (cob) and these saddles seem to sit well on his young coblet frame.

Just wanted any others experiences of these saddles good or bad all much appreciated!!

Many thanx

Pt

PorkChop

Visit site
I have had Frank Baines saddles for many years. I have his jumping saddles and his Omni dressage saddles.

They have always been extremely helpful and professional to deal with, I usually mark up a template, and send it to them for a new saddle/alteration. Have never had a problem with fitting and both my horses are not easy to fit.

I have a very long thigh so I need a longer flap, and they are very flexible in the way that they make their saddles.

The jumping saddles are flatter in the seat and with less knee rolls than maybe some of the more fashionable type of saddle. But that suits the way I ride tbh. The Omni dressage saddle is soooo comfortable, I even hack in it.

pinktiger

Visit site
Many thanks for that They are lovely and I'm looking with great interest!! Do they suit the wider barrel afflicted horse???

Jesstickle

Visit site
I have an Elan (a CC jump one) and I love it. Mine is ancient but still in very good nick despite the abuse it gets and I find it great to ride in (but then as LJR, I like flat seats and no blocks).

Jesstickle

Visit site
I don't really know OP. Mine has vaguely fitted everything it's been on but then I tend to have similar shaped beasties. One of mine is a TB and one a TBxWB. Both medium to medium wide in saddles and it sat well on them both if that's any help at all?