Frankel

Daffodil

Visit site
After Hello Dandy retired from racing he went on loan to Lord Onslowe in Surrey, who I think hunted him for a few years. After that though he was just left in a field, getting in a worse and worse condition when mercifully he was rescued by Carrie Humble who set up the Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Centre and really kick started the whole retraining of racehorses thing, and got the scheme much needed publicity.

Steve L

New User
Visit site
Honeylight. Roberto was a US bred but he never ran there and was ridden by a US jockey when, to everyone's surprise, he inflicted the only defeat in Brig' Gerards career in The Juddmonte at York.

Honeylight

Visit site
Yes I know he was trained in Ireland by O Brian, but in my eyes he was a Yankee horse! The Brigadier represented British Breeding & that was at a pretty low point just then.
A shame Brigadier Gerard wasn't classically bred & didn't do too much to enhance British breeding in his stud career.

Steve L

New User
Visit site
So true. The Hislop's had many fine horses that did nothing at stud. Rather like the Morston and Blakeney's of this world.