franks pro gold dog food??

ema76

Visit site
<span style="color:purple"> </span>
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

has any one ever come across this dog food i have got it from my dog trainer who sells it for £30 for 15kg
its for my staffie who had a poor coat and skin prior to me getting her but she is getting harder to feed she seems to be going off it i am currently having a raw egg mixed into it
any help about
emma

ema76

Visit site
sorry i din't make it clear
yes it's a dried food it's a complete biscuit hre skin and coat are wonderfull but i am using malaseb shampoo as wel the diet change may have to happen due to gemma not wanting to eat her biscuit she has a raw beef bone every so often but she seems to be slowing up on eating she has been on it for 3months aprox

cockergirl

Visit site
How old is she? Is she suffering from a general loss of appetite, or has she just "gone off" this particular food? Is she losing weight and condition?

Like I said on the BARF thread, that would be my feeding method of choice but it just isn't possible at the moment as my freezer isn't big enough and I have nowhere to put another. So as things are, doggies are being moved from Bakers (which suited them but isn't for everyone) to Arden Grange (expensive, but i got 30 kgs for free.)

ema76

Visit site
she is 1 yr old i think it just genral loss of intrest in this food her coat and body condition is great it's only been week before she use to goble her food down fast but now she looks at it and walks away
i dont think i like the BARF way but that is my choice and that is yours (not wanting to start another arguement!!!)but i do allow beef bones knukle end which she has love so much it is now 3/4 missing !!!

cockergirl

Visit site
OK, so it's probably dried food recommendations?
smile.gif
(Not offended about the BARF thing at all
grin.gif
) There are tons on the market and it's just a case of personal (and financial) preference. My cocker went through three brands, getting bored with each and every one (she'd eat it, but actually started losing weight because she was eating less of it all the time); until she was about 2 and I started giving her Bakers. It was considerably cheaper than anything she'd been fed up until that point- but she never got bored with it and 18 months on, still loves it. The only reason i'm changing her food is because I can get AG very cheaply or free and she's now a total pig that will eat anything. But my dogs don't have any allergies or health issues (well, the cocker does but her health issues are genetic abnormalities that diet can't help with). I think it may just be a case of trial and error till you find a food that suits her and she won't get sick of, just as it was with mine.

I'm assuming here, though, that there could be no other cause for her to go off her food (illness, coming into season etc), that it is given at mealtimes, taken away if not eaten within a specific amount of time and not left down all day, that she isn't being filled up on other things and that she's actually choosing to go without food rather than eat what you're giving her.

ema76

Visit site
she has her meals at the same time as us because other wise she would sit at the gate and winge at us she has to go in the kitchen whilst we are eating other wise she dose an impression of spiderdog she has just been in season a month ago and at that time she ate really well i mix her some veg from left over tea if there is some but not always i think she is just fed up with it
thanks for the help

PiebaldHorse

Visit site
Oh forgot to say, i add different things in the dogs dinner to help keep them interested, as they are the same as us, how would you like to eat the same thing everyday?

Once a week I give my dogs a tin of cat food!!! This gives them a boost in protein and they always get complimented on their coat!

Different things I mix in with their dinner is

Milk
Scrambled eggs
tomato sauce (honest dogs love it!)
mince beef (rarish treat lol)
gravy

A good thing to give dogs aswell is natural yoghurt, this is also good for the coat/skin and stomach

CARREG

Visit site
Try adding some fish to her diet, I give mine a tin of pilchards once or twice a week, does wonders for their coats...........Carreg

emmablatch

Visit site
What about changing to Arden Grange, that worked well for us. Or try scatter feeding or just feeding food as treats? Might sound odd but once the food is reward sometimes dogs are more interested.

However our dog got fed up with dried food and it was depressing seeing him not eat, so I sympathise

Emma