freak accident ? or regular occurance? please help !

Marciamac

Visit site
Yes, it's not unusual for horses to trip and it's just one of those things. But if you could have some lessons, it ALWAYS helps. Also, you may need to learn how to push her up together and keep her going properly forward (without necessarily having a strong contact) as horses that are working properly, even on a hack, are more balanced and less likely to trip. They're also easier to control if they get strong or excited (not easy, just easier).

ladyt25

Visit site
If she is quite heavy on her forehand then it may just be because she was ambling along and being a tad lazy not picking her feet up. I wouldn't be overly concerned unless she is tripping regularly the I would consider discussing with your farrier what could be done.

I've had my horse 13 years and last year he slipped on the road (sideways), crashed down and i ended up with a broken collar bone! He'd never done it before and hasn't done it since. I think sometimes these things just happen.

fatpiggy

Visit site
I've only fallen off my mare twice, and both times were because she stumbled and I went over her shoulder. Unfortunately, it can just happen and I was more concerned about her than myself. You have to remember to be very cautious about going faster than a walk if the ground is uneven, or hard, or waterlogged, or if you don't know the area at all. Over the years I've fallen off more times than I've had hot dinners, and you get better at landing with practice. I think the fear of falling is infinitely worse than the reality. I can honestly say that the worst I've had is a bruise or two and some sore muscles, and believe me, I've had some purlers! The ability to fall safely is very useful though. When I got knocked off my bike by a driver, the hospital couldn't believe I'd escaped almost unscathed and not cracked my head open, but I'd just rolled up, stayed relaxed and rolled away down the road!

crazyponys

Visit site
my partner did offer to ride her back .
but her legs were covered in thick mud so i wanted to hose her down and check for injury .
sod the stiff upper lip get back on. i knew id hurt myself.
and my priority was making sure my horse hadnt before riding again.
thankfully shes none the worse for wear.
and i shall ride her tomorrow weather permitting and see how i get on lol.