FREE Made to Measure -Brogini's and De Niros

cruising_for_you

Visit site
Hi there!
Found a place that will do made to measure free of charge on Brogini's or De Niros, starting at £125 boots
Sooo I've a few questions I'm just putting infront of the H&H members
► Is it worth getting made-to-measure, as I'm just turned 14, and my metabolism will soon slow down and with the amount i eat i will soon have such big calves not be able to mount my ponies, and won't need nor fit into boots then.
Haha maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but really is it worth it for a 14 year old? Will I be able to use the standard fit for longer?
►Is it true the cheaper Broginis or De Niros aren't great quality? Like to get the quality ones you have to pay a bit more?
► Do the D.N or B. sink in at the ankle? - Nothing I hate more than ones that are completely sunken in at the ankle - a bit of a pet peeve haha! Heard they are a very hard leather - are they horrible to break in?
►The company (Tack Man, on facebook, if you are interested just replied, and said their cheapest fieldboot (my favorite type!) are £130, and are the Brogini Gallipoli.
Anyone have these, are they good quality\value for money?
This is very important as I was going to have to wait until August to go to the RDS to get my first long boots (currently wearing broken jodhpur boots and fake-leather gators, which just aren't up to scratch anymore - plus I need my Mother to get them on, haha!) So these got to fit, - or else I will be crucified for wasting that amount of money!
As always, if you have other opinions please please please tell me, budget is about £150, and I have no problem -almost prefer!- buying second hand..

becca1305

Visit site
When I was younger and approached professional made to measure boot makers (i am lanky with small feet - cannot get boots to fit off the rack) they advised waiting until at least 18 before buying as you are likely to change shape, however these were for £500+ boots. I havent tried broginis but I had a pair of deniros (didnt know you could get them as cheap as you say though) and didnt get on with them. They are very soft leather (and look beaut!) but as a result they dropped terribly at the ankles into creases which then pinched the ankle I ripped my ligaments in. They werent truly made to measure boots but they had such a wide range of size options that they essentially were. Broginis ive heard that quality wise (as usual) you get what you pay for. Is there a reason you need M2M boots (as in are you a size that differs from manufacturers usual sizes?) as if not you would have a wider choice of boots to look at if considering ones off the peg.

Sol

Visit site
I like Broginis. For what I do, they're fab. I found them quite hardwearing. When I got my last pair, they arrived the day before I drove to wales for 3 1hr schoolmaster lessons, so that was the first time I wore them. I didn't die ;) To be honest, the only problem I had was my own 'fault', I originally had the ones with laces but opted for without the second time, so they would be a snugger fit on my ankles. I have hyperflexible ankles so liked the idea of more support, but don't have the narrowest ankles so they were a tad tight. They don't drop hugely I don't think but do drop as the ankle creases but tbh, wont all boots?
I'm 19 now & can guarantee I'd still fit in boots I'd had since I was 14, if I'd had my long boots then :eek: I haven't changed much but then I seemed to grow all at once & stop ;)

jester_ben

Visit site
I've recently brought a pair of Brogini Gallipoli and there definitely what I asked for! Really nice to wear, fits well (they are made to measure), and great to clean..Haven't got anything else to say sorry!

Polotash

Visit site
I had my made to measure dressage boots at 16 and THANKFULLY they still fit (many many years later!). I'd say at 14 you'd be best to wait at least 2 years, and probably 4. Sorry!

SpruceRI

Visit site
'If it sounds to good to be true.... it probably is'

There was me hoping to get a free pair of boots! ;) Ho hum!!

hcm88

Visit site
I had one pair of Brogini boots a couple of years ago and hated them! But I know people who get on well with them so can't judge too much. I found them difficult to break in, in fact they massacred my feet when I first got them. I've always had Ariats apart from that one trial and won't wear anything else now as I always get on with them. If I were you I'd get some smart short boots and leather gaiters as these aren't so dependent on you staying the same height etc. For example my feet haven't grown since I was in year 8! So I could easily fit into the same short boots I was wearing 10 years ago, but definitely couldn't wear the same long boots as I'm taller, more muscly and fatter! Gaiters aren't as expensive and so if you do grow then they're easier on your bank balance to replace, and look just as smart if you get a nice pair and match well to your boots.

natalia

Visit site
For the first year, my broginis killed my feet. Now they have finally broken in they are quite comfy. I've had them 7 yrs now and will be replacing them at hickstead this year with a new very expensive pair of I don't know what yet! I want something soft that wont need breaking in and is comfy from the word go. I live in a pair of ariat bromonts for every day and to match these in comfort will be hard!

millitiger

Visit site
I have De Niro boots and they haven't dropped and didn't take much breaking in at all.
Always been super comfortable.

I got them M2M when I was 16 (I have very skinny calves) and 10 years later, they still fit perfectly- oddly, even though I am about a stone heavier now!

I am getting some long brown boots soon and think I will be going for De Niro again.

Can't comment on whether the cheap ones are poor quality, think mine were about £450?

Kat

Visit site
I would suggest sticking with short boots and gaiters a while longer. I can still wear short boots I had at age 12, but can only just get into the long boots I had at 21. Your shape will change a lot in the next ten years. My legs didn't stop getting longer until I was 19 and then they carried on fillingout.......