Freejump stirrups - Pro or Lite?

Calfie

Visit site
Sorry, another freejump stirrup question.....

A while back I sat on a friends horse who's tack included freejump stirrups. I loved them and after humming and hawing over the price for a while, I've decided to take the plunge. Question is: should I buy the Pros (i.e. the adult ones) or the Lites (i.e. the kid's ones)? In theory the kid's ones should be fine as I am within the prescribed weight and shoe size limits. Are there any grown ups that use the kid's ones? Would there be any advantages to having the adult ones? Or is it ridiculous to spend such a huge amount of money on stirrups?!

FYI, for anyone else thinking of buying, Ayr Equestrian has them on sale at the moment for £179 (Pros) and £139 (Lites)?

littleredmare

Visit site
I've heard of people having problems with the Lites (even adults who are within the weight guideline), I think it was because they're lighter than the Pros or something, I can't really remember, but it would be safer to go with the Pros anyway, as the Lites are generally for kids, who are usually very lightweight :)

& it's not a ridiculous amount of money! I love mine!

Calfie

Visit site
Thank you.

That's interesting re issues with adults using the kids ones. I'm well within the weight limit but probably worth spending the extra on the pros for peace of mind.

foxy1

Visit site
I had the lites before I got pros and despite being well under the weight and shoe size limits, my size 4 ariat boots were too wide to safely ride in them, got jammed in the stirrups very easily. I bought the pro's and I'm very happy with them.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Some colours of the lites (blue and pink, I think) are on back order with the manufacturer until March - April with every supplier I tried. I ended up with the Pros because it was only a £40 price difference in the end and I could have them straight away :).

Calfie

Visit site
I had the lites before I got pros and despite being well under the weight and shoe size limits, my size 4 ariat boots were too wide to safely ride in them, got jammed in the stirrups very easily. I bought the pro's and I'm very happy with them.

Good to know! Thanks.