Freejump stirrups - whats all the fuss about?

SWE

Visit site
Have seen people going mad for them on Facebook. Having never deviated from a normal flexi stirrup, what's all the fuss about?

BunnyDog

Visit site
I don't have FreeJumps as I was put off by the number of people who had had ones break in a class, but I do own the Opera Stirrups made by Acavallo.

I switched from the bendy stirrups at the suggestions of a couple friends and OMG it was transformative. My leg stopped moving all over the place. I can hold my leg still and use my position effectively again.

It may not be the same for everyone but it sure worked for me having a wide flat sole bed and no bend or flexing. I have horrible knees too and they're holding up even better with the wide bed stirrups.

Em

siennamiller

Visit site
I got the Sprenger bow balance, my heel was down, my leg was in a better position, and as above poster, I could ride for more than 30 mins, efore I had them I used to get horribly painful knees.

Abi90

Visit site
I don't have FreeJumps as I was put off by the number of people who had had ones break in a class, but I do own the Opera Stirrups made by Acavallo.

I switched from the bendy stirrups at the suggestions of a couple friends and OMG it was transformative. My leg stopped moving all over the place. I can hold my leg still and use my position effectively again.

It may not be the same for everyone but it sure worked for me having a wide flat sole bed and no bend or flexing. I have horrible knees too and they're holding up even better with the wide bed stirrups.

Em

I have these stirrups and I love them. So comfortable and my leg feels really secure

ShowJumperL95

Visit site
This incident alone put me right off them!
https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/new...-henrik-von-eckermann-paris-grand-prix-616099

I like a solid stirrup with a wide tread, I have some kind of black plastic ones which help my knees a lot can't remember the name of them!

I saw this and it really put me off, The grip on them is good but I have heard many stories of them braking like in that video and people getting dragged even with these stirrups so I went for the Flex-On composite stirrups and love them! very secure, lots of grip and feel much more hardwearing.

SpringArising

Visit site

I don't understand how he fell off so suddenly just because he lost a stirrup?!

I have the Tech Safety Stirrups and they have a good grip on them. They're the ones that have a magnetic side that open so in theory you don't get dragged.

With all of the safety stirrup advances in the last few years there's no way I'd ride in 'normal' stirrups without some sort of safety opening mechanism now.

ApolloStorm

Visit site
Id say having your stirrup snap upon landing is a little different to just losing one, your weight would be down through the stirrup which is suddenly no longer there would unbalance anyone!