Freestyle dressage - stupid question!

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
I loved watching the dressage this afternoon but being a dressage dunce I don't know how the judging works. do the judges get a sheet of the test beforehand or do they just see the test as it happens? If they see the test as it happens how do they keep a check on which movements have been performed? Do they have some kind of computerised thingy that they enter the scores in or some poor writer frantically scribbling down all the marks?

And a really stupid question (
crazy.gif
) do the riders get a sheet at the end of it all?

Thanks
grin.gif

hellspells

Visit site
I have no idea at that level - but I can tell you 'what us normal people get'.

The judge has a sheet with the set movements - for example elem is 10m trot circles, leg yeild, 15m canter circles etc and then they watch the test and mark as they see it it. The sheet looks pretty much like any other test sheet and has the movements on left - mark in middle - comments on right. We get that sheet at the end of the class like normal

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
You are correct hellspells, the GP freestyle is exactly like any other dressage freestyle. The sheet has the compulsory movements on it and the rider gets it back at the end of the class.

They have both, some poor person frantically writing the score and comments and then a second person who enters them into the computer.