Freestyle dressage to music...

Lowen Ki

Visit site
Always wanted to do one! Actually going to get around to it this year! :rolleyes:

I've a watched a couple of demos and have been slowly collecting pieces of music in an iTunes album that I think could be useful...

My question is...

What is the best DTM you've ever seen and what music/type of music did they use? Anyone seen any really unusual ones?

Thanks in advance! :D

Four Seasons

Visit site

lil'chesnut

Visit site
I would'nt say that it would be a proper DTR but I remember at the first Express Eventing, Mary King did a whole Andrew Lloyd Webber theme. The Phantom of the Opera gave me goosebumps and the atmosphere at the time was amazing.
At the same event, American eventer Buck Daivdson used for his whole walk section phone bells ringing. It sounded very odd but was very different and quite intriguing at the same time.

Laura Bechtolsheimer's freestyle at Olympia a few years ago was very catchy too. It was all reggea themed.

Adelinde Cornelissen's freestlye which she performed at her first Olympia was very enjoyable.

But perhaps the one freestlye I can listen to over and over is that Spirit of Sunrise which i believe is listed above. A very moving piece of music by one of my favourite pianists.

I tend to create my own freestyle music at my piano at home and upon experimanting with different computer programmes, "Wurzel" type music seems to work rather well the heavier breeds, which my little cobby is.

I know it's been very long and rambling and that most of this is pointless but I hope this helped slightly. :eek:

Last edited: