Freeze mark on horses neck?!

Klix

Visit site
Has anyone come across this? Is it common practice?

I have been innocently browsing adverts during my lunch hour and come across a bay mare with a freeze mark on her neck?! Iv never seen this before... It was half way up the neck with 4 digits/letters horizontal.

Just curious :)

Capriole

Visit site
common practise.

No time off needed like with a mark under the saddle. Highly visible, not obscured by tack or rugs (apart from full neck rugs obviously) so harder to hide and easier for potential thieves to see and avoid that horse.

Caol Ila

Visit site
Like this?

You can see it peeking out on her crest, underneath the rest of her mane had her winter rug not rubbed it off (argh).

It's the way the Yanks do it. Maybe the horse is an American import.

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
My Haffie has branded number on her neck an eidleweiss on her bum and a H on her flank ... so she has more tats than a docker:D but they are all self coloured so only really show when clipped.

Caol Ila

Visit site
My Haffie has branded number on her neck an eidleweiss on her bum and a H on her flank ... so she has more tats than a docker:D but they are all self coloured so only really show when clipped.

More tats than my horse. She also has an American Warmblood hot brand on her left hip, but it's nearly impossible to see it.

Klix

Visit site
Thank you all... Iv never come across it before, the logic behind it seems legit though :)

Enfys

Visit site
Like this?

You can see it peeking out on her crest, underneath the rest of her mane had her winter rug not rubbed it off (argh).

It's the way the Yanks do it. Maybe the horse is an American import.

Also imported Arabians from the Gulf States.