Freezemark ltd - experiences please

_daisy_

Visit site
My mare is due to be marked this coming Saturday but ive only just got the paperwork through advising it is Freezemark that are coming out - this is a large group booking all arranged by our local police station. I agreed to the marking but didnt realise who was marking.

Ive always have had Farmkey out to mark and have never had a problem.
Has anyone had any problems with Freezemark? i know 1 person who had theres done and the mark didnt come out properly.

good or bad experience welcome please.

the watcher

Visit site
They are very good, in fact I much prefer Freezemark. I imagine the mark that didn't come out well was a one off and I have certainly never had a problem with them, and don't know anybody else who has either.

Hats off to your local Police for organising it, I organised one last week and had a devil of a job getting enough people interested until the very last minute

erinjane_85

Visit site
i personally havent used Freezemark, althought my sisters was done with farmkey & had problems with the letters so think its just one of those thngs. certainly wouldnt put me off using them again.

wish the same was organised up in scotland, i had to wait a wee while last time til the markers were in my area. but all said, well worth it

wish you all the best
smile.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
Cheers MH, ive never heard anything bad apart from this one occassion but it had put me off as I dont want to have the mare redone if the marker cant do the job properly and tbh my new mare is very sensitive.

The great thing is that the PCSO who has set it all up has arranged it all to be done at the local vet centre with a vet at hand so if they need sedating then its available - fantastic just what we may need.
The PCSO in question is fantastic and has set up an Equine Watch fror our are as well and she puts out th3e messages - dont know if anyone else has them but its like neighborhood watch type thing, an automated phonecall that reads out messages of things to watch out for, mystery people driving round, thefts etc.

kezimac

Visit site
mine was done by freezemark - had no probs - am sure if it doesnt come out theres a guarantee and they come back and redo it.

Angua2

Visit site
I have had one done with freezemark and one done with Farmkey.

Lets put it this way both horses that were done by farmkey had to have a second visit, the 3 horses that had freezemark didnot need redoing.

Hum, not hard to see who I prefer!

_daisy_

Visit site
thanks guys, it sounds then that theres no problems with Freezmark, or should that be no more problems than Farmkey.
If my mare needs it then ill just get her sedated so not to cause any complications.
Sounds like ive got nothing to worry about, main thing is shes getting marked and at a reduced price as well which is always a bonus
grin.gif

D

Donkeymad

I always use Freezemark and have never had any problems. I actually much prefer them to any other as they seem to have far less problems.

Angua2

Visit site
re the sedation, you won't/shouldn't need it.... a bucket of feed is usually sufficient to keep their minds off the freezemarking. They do tend to move but they are just moving away from the pressure, the technician should be experienced enough to compensate for this

_daisy_

Visit site
thanks angua but id prefer her sedated rather than upset her.
This mare is new to me and has a serious issue with her skin. Although it has cleared up drastically since i got her in November she still finds it hard to be touched in certain places and does get upset easily.
Im trying to build her trust so dont want to ruin it within moments when a quick bit of sedation will help if needed.