fretting in stable....

seaview

Visit site
My 5year old is fretting in stable and wont put weight on!! I am trying very hard!!!
Anyone have any suggestions, fields needs rolled at the moment so he cant go out all day as he will be in a few weeks!
Nat
x

Tempi

Visit site
stable mirror
smile.gif

Archie was a real worrier in the stable when i first had him, got him a stable mirror and hes a different horse.

Solstar

Visit site
my horse used to fret in his box, he used to box walk really badly. i put him on thrive from naf, it calms their digestion down,so they feel better, in a couple of days solo had stopped the fretting and the box walking. it might help yours?

seaview

Visit site
Mmnnnn might try stable mirror not so much worried about the rolling its just they were very mucky and now hard so totally uneven plus he is a pratt in the field so its a worry at the best of times he just gallops continually!!!

He is on so kalm!

Nat
x

mickey

Visit site
My horse used to box walk but it was behaviour confined to a yard where he was not happy. When turned out he would fence walk too. I think one of the owners there used to have a go at him.
Now he is at a happy yard with other calm horses he does not display this behaviour.
Has he got friends about? I think he might settle if he has other calm neddies around that he gets on with? And I agree that it would be good to turn him out if you can....
But he sounds like mine used to be - He used to be very unsettled and jumped out of fields a lot too.....
Does he need more work???
Suggest trying some parelli groundwork to get him feeling reassured....