Frickley Park - Fantastic New (For BE) Venue

Flashpaddler

Visit site
We just got back from the inaugural BE at Frickley Park near Doncaster. Really, really impressed. Full length courses (optimum time was 5:49 for the BE90 over 20 jumps including 3 doubles) and some high quality up to height obstacles. Really nicely laid out and a brilliant show for a first go. A big thank you to everyone who laid it on, particularly so those giving their time voluntarily.

We had a run out in the SJ, but still made the time and were clear XC and 29 secs under time - Bit of a surprise as we thought the horse was a tad unfit, have to cut him some more slack!!

Bottom line is, Frickley will be very near the top of our attendance wish list next year.

Batgirl

Visit site
I was writing for the dressage and walked the course after, really liked the look of it, was very jealous of those competing!

Anyone in BE90 section D :) I was your writer

tinap

Visit site
Didn't manage to get up to watch today (I'm very local) - we were planning on entering before the pony got injured :( sounds like you had a good day :D xx

titch

Visit site
I was also there today and had a fantastic time. The SJ was very picture-esque infront of the house, and a lot of thought had gone into all 3 levels xc.

Someone said to us in the lorry park they were hoping to run two BE events next year. Would be great if they did, certainly going to be near the top of my calender :)

dark rider

Visit site
I walked the course today and it is a lovely course. Beautiful site, well thought out course. It is great to have another new, good event.

Just to note though, the BE 80 is very big. It shares a lot of fences with the BE90, and one with the BE100. It is a good course, just at the up to height end of things.

All the above IMO.