Friesian Values please.

littleshetland

Visit site
I went to Holland to buy mine - 3yrs old, beautifully and professionally broken, reasonably well bred - I paid 7000 euros (including vetting and transport). I could have haggled but was so smitten' I'd have swapped my granny for him.......

rowan666

Visit site
A friend of mine got her VERY nice fresian as a 2yr old for £3000 i think the price also included gelding. She got him directly from a breeder in halifax

littleshetland

Visit site
It's the musketeers on the Beeb to blame. Lovely men, lovely horses ���� (I presume there's a Fr amongst them) x

They really are extremely pretty horses, very photogenic. Unfortunately, when the lorry arrived from Holland, it just had the horse on board - no sign of gorgeous blokes in tight leather trousers (sigh......)

littleshetland

Visit site
I haven't really got a spare Granny - but thinking about it I'd probably rather have another Friesian....I think some bloke in a big hat with feathers in it waving a sword around would get a bit dull after a while....(ok, the leather trousers are still quite interesting tho!)

windand rain

Visit site
Wouldnt give one house room but each to their own a friend tried a newly broken 6 year old which was £1800 so they are about a bit cheaper

ibot

Visit site
hey I have one just make sure you get it from a trusted place, they do come with some problems and I would not change Paddy for the world I have had days where I have cried due to one skin complaint or another. But I love him and yes the ones on the TV are lovely, its funny how many are on the telly ive seen them in Casualty and Clash of the Titans, and Merlin

good luck
feel free to come back to me with any questions

alainax

Visit site
Good luck in your horse hunt! I adore my boy, an absolute dream horse in every way.

I did ALOT of looking when I was after one, they range from around £3000-£8000 depending on breeding and where they currently are. There are some very dodgey "friesian types" which claim to be friesians which you can pick up for under the £2k mark. But I am sure you will do your research and get a really nice example :)

Edit - and I am gutted I forget to negotiate on getting a Muskateer too :( :D