Friesian x Knabstrupper Foal

UnaB

Visit site
Thought i'd start a proper thread to announce baby's arrival. She was born yesterday morning, just before 2am. Fairly straightforward birth, took a bit of time to get baby to work out how to get at the udders but she was standing and feeding well within a couple of hours :) Mum is doing great, being a really good mum, very proud of her baby but happy to let me handle her as i want to :)

Baby is TALL and very chunky. Not sure how big she will turn out but i'd guess she should make as big as mum. She has some spots over her rump and also some stripes! I'd assumed they would fade but they appear to be getting darker so will be interesting to see what pattern will come out there.

Anyway, I hope you like her.

Birth:

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

About 2 hrs old:

IMG_0351.jpg

And about 4 hrs old:

IMG_0384-1.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0446-1.jpg

Yesterday evening:

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

Spotty bum:

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

And this morning:

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

Pic overload, sorry!!

UnaB

Visit site
Thanks everyone :D

What an interesting cross :) What prompted you? The chance of spots?

Looks like your foal is going to be substantial, there's a lot to like there :)

I really like both breeds and was wanting something substantial, but more on the sports side to put her to. I was breeding to keep and didnt want to have another friesian. The idea of a spotty friesian was certainly very interesting :D With the few spot stallion I knew i'd get some level of spotting or characteristics, but it was rather exciting to see what she'd come out like :D Really please with her though.

Sportznight

Visit site
I really like both breeds and was wanting something substantial, but more on the sports side to put her to. I was breeding to keep and didnt want to have another friesian. The idea of a spotty friesian was certainly very interesting :D With the few spot stallion I knew i'd get some level of spotting or characteristics, but it was rather exciting to see what she'd come out like :D Really please with her though.

I bet you are pleased, she's lovely :) Any more updated pics :D Thank you for answering my question. She's likely a unique young lady, in more ways than one :)

UnaB

Visit site
Im told that its possibly the first of this cross in this country so if thats true, she certainly is unique :D She's a very special little girl - so proud of her :D

Here's some pics from today.

IMG_0692.jpg

Stealing one of mums apple slices:
IMG_0710.jpg

Grazing?
IMG_0716.jpg

Gallop:
IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0752-1.jpg

Jackpotsstud

www.jackpotsstud.co.uk
Congratulations - she is a super looking foal and I am sure you will have great fun with her. My friend's knabstrupper stallion covered a fresian mare last year too. The foal was born a month ago and amazingly has really similar markings - a little lacey blanket and a filly too. A real coincidence.

alfiesmum

Visit site
so cute :D i always have a one of a kind breeding wise, ssh x hanovarian x highland and he is awesome, vets are in love with him (as well as me lol), funny thing is , he also has the stripes :D xx

UnaB

Visit site
One week old today:

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

She was just turning around for a scratch lol!
IMG_1016.jpg

And having a gallop now she's properly found her feet:

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

My favourite:
IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

MargotC

Visit site
Wow. What an absolutely stunning mare. Fascinating how you can pick out characteristics from both breeds. I've never seen this cross before but she seems very lovely indeed.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Look at her :) I was wondering how she was when Kimberleigh put up new pics of her friesian x girlie the other day :D :D

UnaB

Visit site
Thanks everyone for the lovely comments on her, I am so pleased with how she has turned out and she is just the nicest, kindest person too :D

She is currently standing about 16hands so she is a big girl. She has plenty of filling out still to do and I think she will probably keep growing for a couple of years, I am guessing she will make 16.2 or so :)

I had considered lightly backing her towards the end of the year and hacking her through the winter, but have decided to put it off until next summer as she is still very immature and needs more time I think.