From fantastic high to hideous low... poor Sam

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Ouchies, what a freak accident
frown.gif

I would clip 2 leadropes to the rings on the side of the headcollar so no direct force down on his nose and then cushion the noseband with lots of wadding/gamgee. You could travel him loose but ensure he can't turn round or get himself stuck, personally I would want to travel in the back with him (albeit not strictly legal!).

Poor pony, fingers crossed for tomorrow. xx

Pidge

Visit site
OMG poor Sam and poor you that sounds horrific. I do hope he is going to be ok, and after such a fab weekend as well. sending you both lots of hugs xxx
ETS: just read the other bits on here - if he's in a lorry travel him loose he will be fine. When we took Higgs to liverpool with GS he travelled loose in the whole box with plenty of straw on the floor and was fine travelling and it took us nearlly 3hours to get there.

seabiscuit

Visit site
Gracious me what a horrible thing to happen, can imagine how awful it must have been.What a freak accident how frightfully unlucky.Do hope he mends quickly X

TGM

Visit site
Have only just caught up with this post - what a nightmare
crazy.gif
. Can't give you any constructive advice but just wanted to say that I hope everything goes well and he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Halfpass

Visit site
Poor poor sam. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. With regards to travelling I always travel mine loose either in trailers or lorrys. I load them in a headcollar put the partition in and take the head collar off. Saves them getting caught up on each other. If the partition is closed enough he won't be able to go anywhere. Good luck for tomorrow. Don't forget to keep us updated.

dieseldog

Visit site
I feel ill thinking about what you have just described. Hope it all works out ok. My horse always undoes his lead rein in the lorry so basically travels loose, as long as the partitions are set up OK he won't come to any harm loose

burtie

Visit site
I would travel him as normal but loose, I once loaded my mare and completely forgot to tie her up, took the lead rope off but forgot to attach the quick release rope, she was fine didn't even realise I don't think!