From two to none in the blink of an eye.

Carmen6

Visit site
I lost my two Rottweilers within a month of each other. They were both 9, but unrelated. One was pts under anaesthetic after the vet found a mass pushing on her heart, and the other had a heart attack and died in my dining room.

Years later, my brain still hasn't processed what happened. It's like none of it was real.

I'm sorry about your loss, OP, you must be devastated. Seven years is no age at all.

Chiffy

Visit site
It’s hard to lose one Nicnac but two is devastating, so very sorry.
I belong to a Flatcoat facebook group and the different ages they suddenly go is mind blowing. From as young as two or three yet some live to 12 or 14. There is no knowing, you just have to enjoy their amazingly happy outlook on life. A friend lost her 4yr old to kidney disease this week, so hard.
I have a 9 yr old and a just turned 4 yr old. I treasure every moment.
Thinking of you. ❤️?

satinbaze

Visit site
Only just seen this post. I’m so sorry to read about your 2 flatcoats leaving us way too young. Sending virtual hugs

TGM

Visit site
So sorry to hear this tragic news. Hard enough to lose a beloved dog in their old age, but two so close together when they were in their prime must have been absolutely heart-breaking. Thinking of you at such a sad time.

Nicnac

Visit site
Thank you all. Luckily everyone we know has at least one dog so I am getting lots of cuddles. Not the same but better than nothing.

Bellasophia

Visit site
If I may say…in your current position,consider slotting in a tiny rustic breed..
JRT comes to mind…then take time to consider your future choices.Trust me it will give you great comfort and won’t be an inappropriate choice to add your future dogs too.

Moobli

Visit site
So devastating. I am so sorry for your loss, but you can take comfort from the fact you gave them fantastic lives and a swift, pain-free death. Not all dogs are so fortunate. It is hard for those left behind though.

I lost two GSDs within a month of each other just coming up to two years ago, and I think the only thing that kept me going at the time was that I also had a six month old puppy. I do hope your new companion finds you quickly as it does help so much x