front riser pads, tell me all about them!!

r0450111

Visit site
Saddler has been out today and has recommended we use a front riser pad pref with adjustable shims to help with his really high withers and muscle wastage. Had a quick look but really don't know much about them!! Any recommendations? Good quality is important but cost is a factor as well!

Smudge1992

Visit site
Prolite do a good one with risers at front and back - about £70 and comes with a range of insertable pads of varying thickness. Only downside is I find it slips back too easily - no idea why some ties aren't included but there you go

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Again from Prolite, not as swanky as the proper front risers but ive recently bought this one to help as my horse has high withers and has suffered muscle wastage over the winter. His saddle became too low on his wither as happens every winter but only short term so I didn't want to buy a new saddle- This pad does just the job! I was initially worried it wouldn't stay in place but no problem so far and best of all its cheap!

http://www.prolitepads.com/balance-altering-relief-pads/25-wither-pad

Hope ive done that correctly!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
The only ones I will use for rememdial fitting are Mattes - expensive but worth it. If you search YouTube you'll find videos showing how trimming the shims can be an art, but can do much more than simply lift the front of the saddle. The pressure isn't even on a too-wide saddle so you need to compensate for that uneven pressure, not just rebalance the saddle.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I use the nuumed shim numnahs you can then use shims in front midde or the back, they are real wool so good for the back, not cheap about £90 but I think they are worth it.

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
I have a prolite pad with shims - bought it for a fiver from a tack sale.

Also have a korrector pad which I picked up equally as cheap from said tack sale - that's flair system inside so you inflate to what you need and adjust as required

Visit site
I had Gelite pad with pockets that had straps to keep it in place. Shame I sold it a couple of weeks ago, and now Ive also been told I need one for adifferent horse ! Dont know if they still make them.