Frustrated over buying a lorry! Anyone else?

iconique

Visit site
I'm fed up, I sold my lorry last year and have found going back to a trailer impossible, so I've been looking at buying, but have found it impossible to understand some sellers:
Why no unladen weight if you have nothing to hide? Do you seriously put 3 horses in an older style box and not worry about being overweight?
Why are you selling a lorry - that will apparently fly through its test, with only to the end of the month plating?
Why is it always for sale on behalf of a friend?
Why are all ramps and easily managed by a small female type of person?
Why have you had it such a short time and how do you think I'm not going to find out when I see the log book?
And in that short time, its been extremely reliable?
Why do you think your box is worth so much money and then wonder why it will still be for sale at the end of the season?
Seriously is a very old box still worth £5k+ with no history and all of the above?

And my final rant, am I the only one who cares whether the chassis, cab floor etc and most importantly horse area is rotten?

So am I the only one? What am I missing?

Frumpoon

Visit site
No...all of the above but I've slowly got more confident in a trailer and passed my be licence so lessens the rush for me but I've been tentatively looking for an automatic lorry for the last 5 years...BUT I won't pay two or three times what the equivalent manual is worth which is obviously a big disappointment for most sellers

DJ

Visit site
I have one for sale ... with clearly stated problems, advertised as spares and repairs .... and in capital letters CANNOT BE DRIVEN AWAY ... yet people want to know if they can drive it home ..... **face palm**

It isn`t just people selling that are muppets .... trust me :/

iconique

Visit site
DC - feel your pain, had so many tyre kicking cheapskates for a really affordable lorry when I sold mine and Frumpoon Auto's are in the realms of expensive hens teeth! good luck both :)
Nice to know I'm not the only one! Thank you :)