Frustrated

Visit site
Just wondered if i could ask your advice re my 4 year old. Hes been broken and does light hacking. 1-2 times a week for 30 to 45 mins. I had introduced walk/trot transitions and he seemed quite keen on trot until he started getting a bit odd and he would like round at his tummy and stop. He was scoped and shown to have ulcers which have been treated and then a bony ridge on pastern which is ringbone. Changes in both legs but worse in off fore although thankfully not on the joint. When ridden he pretty much refuses to trot now unless home is in sight, hes anxious or he spots an unknown horse (he thinks all horses are his friends). I dont really know what to try and i cant work out if its behaviour or pain related. Hes even worse in soft rubber school. Any thoughts? Thanks

kinnygirl1

Visit site
Sorry I don't have any ideas whether if is behaviour or not but just wanted to emphasise with you as I am in same boat with my boy who had ulcers but has since been scoped clear... He still acts nervous and anxious and is so unpredictable that I have had to accept I can't really take him anywhere anymore. It s frustrating I totally understand.

Visit site
Feel for you too. Mine was so confident and forward off the leg and responsive although he isnt now dangerous he isnt the same at all. Its been suggested I give him time off to grow up and not work but tbh what we ask of him is not really work. Usually hes with another horse and a person on foot and its a jaunt round block with someone light on him. I think he'd be bored if didnt do something