FSS Bridles Anyone?

king_of_diamonds

www.wordpress.com
I know I don't post here too often but any help is appreciated.

I've been on eBay...Looking at dressage bridles, and I found the FSS comfort dressage bridle. I've taken a fancy to a burgundy one with a gold trim!

Now I hadn't heard of FSS before and I did some readin around the net and have mixed views on them from people. I've read the sizes are smaller than they say, that the leather isn't good quality and to stay clear. I've also read that they're great value for money and good bridles.

Does anyone here have any experience or has anybody heard of anything?

Thanks

chestnutmarelover

Visit site
Hi, I'm not 100% but pretty sure (was few years back!) I bought one of their bridles off ebay, tan, with comfort headpiece. It was good leather (not your cheapy thin stuff) and was a very good fit. Sold on via ebay since and got nearly same as I paid for it :) :)

ngrace

Visit site
I had one off ebay, looked really nice online then it arrived and looked rubbish quality :( So I sold it. It was german leather. Prehaps with lots of oiling and care it might be ok, but I didnt want it. Im sure I saw some nicer bridles at similar prices at the time.

ElvisandTilly

Visit site
I got a FSS comfort dressage bridle a couple of weeks ago from ebay and when it arrived and I got it out of the parcel I went WOW!! Its a really nice made bridle, the bling browband was a tad smaller than my jeffries but other than that everything fits perfectly.

I could build up the bridle with different fastenings, noseband, headband and browband from a list of choices and got it all for bargain price of £58!

nikkimariet

Visit site
Never ordered full bridle from FFS, but have had 2 browbands and a noseband from them, lovely quality, great service.

ngrace

Visit site
I'd like to add that the comfort headpiece was very nice and soft - best part of the bridle. But still think the leather quality was poor, very very stiff even for a new bridle, and the size came up quite big, and noseband was far more chunky in real life than in the pictures!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I got one when I first got my horse for about £40 intending to upgrade when I had more cash. I replaced the noseband with a drop from the same place but other than that 3 years on it's still going strong.
On my tb the full size is quite large on the last hole and I needed to punch extra holes in the original noseband but he has a fairly small head.
I thought it was good value for money.

Rudey

Visit site
I have an FSS bridle, and absolutely love it! It was fantastic quality and affordable. I use mine for everyday use, probably bought it 4 years ago, and it is still going strong. Just note that the sizes are generous! So if your horse is border line cob/full size, I would go for cob. xx

cronkmooar

Visit site
Not had a bridle but bought a pair of plaited reins as a spare set for showing.

Nice reins, actually use them as main pair - not had any problems, but only used occassionally so don't know how they would stand up to everyday use.

There was a comment about german leather - stubben bridles are made from german leather. My everyday bridle which has had some hammering is stubben and is about 10 yrs old and still perfectly servicable!

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Ive got one, a comfort flash in full size, black with gold piping and metalwork. Its my every day bridle and I love it, really soft padded bits and fits my TB really well, chunky 15.3 boy. I would def have another, bought it new from Ebay for about 30 quid, bargain!

king_of_diamonds

www.wordpress.com
Thanks to everybody who has replied so far :)

I, myself have never had a problem with German leather, so I wouldn't shy away from it because of that.

It seem that everyone draws something diffderent from these bridles, the negatives, I've heard the same things come up everywhere and the positives, they're also echo'd on other sites.

I think I'll go for it and if I don't like it; I'll put it back up on eBay and hope to break even :)

Oh and thanks to everyone who clarified the sizing issue, my mare, she's a TB, with a narrow head, so I'll probably get a cob size.

Thanks again :)

nokia

Visit site
I'd like to say be carefull german leather its not european leather its not iv had a bridle I can tell the diffrence between leather ... The smell of leather and weight points towards indian leather

Thing is its a bargain for a reason, I wouldn't use it as it stretches and could even snap

Their are loads of complaints about ffs but ebay take them off as they are such a big seller,iv had the wrath of this woman over a bridle she is very nasty