Fuchsia Help! Anyone got green fingers?

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
I bought a fuchsia last spring and potted it. It ended up being two plants intertwined together and it bloomed all summer and autumn and looked magnificent. I spent many hours caring for it and now I think I've murdered it :(

Being a very inexperienced gardener, I took advice from my neighbour who told me once it got to November to drag my potted fuchsia into my garage and strip off it's leaves. She told me to leave it dry and not water it until spring to bring it back alive again. I spent a month leading up to its hibernation slowly reducing it's water intake, then as per instructions I haven't watered it over winter.

It looks dead. I'm just starting to water it a tiny bit now to try and bring it back ready for spring but I've read online mixed reviews that I should have watered it a bit over the winter vs not giving it anything like my neighbour said. Now I'm worried it's dead and I'm gutted.

Any advice would be great thank you.

Teajack

Visit site
Not had any pots, just hardy ones planted in the ground but I wouldn't give up on it yet. Its usually April before there are any signs of life on mine.