Full grass livery - Berks or Bucks

thograce

New User
Visit site
Hello all,

I’m looking to move my horse to a “full grass livery” if I can. Anywhere in Berks or South Bucks ideally. The dream would be to have:

- 24/7 herd turnout
- Good shelter in fields (natural and/or manmade)
- Stables available for emergencies, vet needs, horrendous weather etc
- Well maintained pasture, hayed when needed
- Daily feeds if wanted, rug checks/swaps, holding for vet/farrier
- Good hacking

I’m trying to form a list of places that might do this! Would be very grateful for any recommendations please.

thograce

New User
Visit site
I think both replies are accurate! Retirement liveries which allow ridden horses would certainly work. And yes, I am somewhat seeking utopia…!

Such places do exist…. I am just trying to find those as close as possible to this area. Hoping a few recommendations appear for places I haven’t heard of!

olop

Visit site
I used to live in South Bucks and had mine on full grass livery (this was quite some time ago!). There were only two yards that offered it back then and neither of which I would recommend if they are still around.
You might be better putting a wanted ad up on local Facebook groups, might be some hidden gems not advertised about.
Good luck!

TheHairyOne

Visit site
Pretty sure BARC have most of that, west side of Reading as I think Cullinghood do.

Grass livery south side, there are 2 yards I know of. The one with stables and assitance on site is Priory. I am pretty sure thats full though. I also know of 2 riding schools that do (or certainly used to) grass livery, Hall Place (west) and Lands End (east).

None of these are recomendations, just possible lines of enquiry.