Full livery with farm ride, please help before I give up!

Jambarissa

Visit site
I've had horses for 35 years, love them to bits but am close to giving up because there is just no where to ride around me. I've been on countless yards over the years, love my current one but the land we used to be allowed to ride on has all been fenced for sheep and the roads to get to the small amount of off road riding are terrifying.

I can get lifts to pleasure rides or hacks which had been enjoyable but means writing off pretty much a whole day each time so I'm only getting out once a fortnight at best.

I'd love to keep my horse somewhere I could just ride out from. But it's unlikely to be close so I'd have to go for full livery.

I live around the intersection of the M6/M62, can anyone recommend full livery with decent on site riding within around half an hour's drive please?

The only places I know of are Sommerford, Arley moss and Marbury which I'll consider, there must be others though?

Thanks for any help you can offer

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Kelsall
We can use all the facilities. Huge farm ride usually split into two halves for shorter hacks, winter and summer routes. Gallops, 4 outdoor arenas, two always set up for jumping and arena eventing, new indoor due soon, Primrose Woods and a longer hack through the woods, around a bit of road and back in the other end of the woods.

I'll warn you, these facilities don't come cheap but my horse loves it here.

Lexi_

Visit site
I’m not sure about the farm ride, but try The Stables, Abrams Farm (they’re on FB) near Bickerstaffe. Nice looking yard, good facilities and it’s definitely within hacking distance of two yards with farm rides - Moss Side is mostly for own liveries but Bickerstaffe Hall is a proper hireable one.

Might also be worth speaking to places like Bickerstaffe Hall or Hatton Stables (Warrington) to see if there’s any option to pay for services? There are a few I’ve driven past that look really nice but just lack the full livery element.

Jambarissa

Visit site
Thank you all, I'll have a look at these.

Quite interested by the one up near Wigan, never drive in that direction but probably less traffic than heading south.

Jambarissa

Visit site
Kelsall
We can use all the facilities. Huge farm ride usually split into two halves for shorter hacks, winter and summer routes. Gallops, 4 outdoor arenas, two always set up for jumping and arena eventing, new indoor due soon, Primrose Woods and a longer hack through the woods, around a bit of road and back in the other end of the woods.

I'd forgotten about kelsall, just had a peek and can't quite figure it out, are there multiple yards?

I feel I should be bothered about the finances but I'm not, would rather cut back in every other area and get to ride regularly. Would you mind giving approx prices? Was quoted £130 for sommerford which I'm considering.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I'd forgotten about kelsall, just had a peek and can't quite figure it out, are there multiple yards?

I feel I should be bothered about the finances but I'm not, would rather cut back in every other area and get to ride regularly. Would you mind giving approx prices? Was quoted £130 for sommerford which I'm considering.

Yes, 3 Yards. I'm on Cheshire View Livery but Michael Owen has liveries as does Lisa Williamson with the racing yard. Each yard charges slightly different amounts and has slightly different arrangements.

Pippity

Visit site
By Marbury, do you mean Cheshire Riding School? If not, that's another one to look at.

OrangeAndLemon - wow, I envy you having all the Kelsall facilities! If I lived closer, I'd be very tempted.

Lexi_

Visit site
Just had another thought - aren’t there some nice places near Daresbury? I feel like I’ve seen grass gallops from the motorway ?

FinnBobs

Visit site
Kelsall

Kelsall facilities are amazing! the farm ride is fab, so are the schools and the gallop and the new indoor looks like it's going to be mega.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
By Marbury, do you mean Cheshire Riding School? If not, that's another one to look at.

OrangeAndLemon - wow, I envy you having all the Kelsall facilities! If I lived closer, I'd be very tempted.

I used to be on Cheshire Riding School. And yes, the facilities are great but we pay a lot for it, it's not cheap. Horse is happy so it's worth it to me.

abbijay

Visit site
I believe Arclid Hall still has the farm ride (Tyler Cassells is there now), it's about 1mile from J17 of the M6.
It may be too far away but I'm sure there are yards in Nantwich with access onto an estate for hacking.
Also, looking in the other direction have you looked at the yards in Carrington? I had no idea until my friend invited me over to hack with her that she had direct access out onto miles of bridlepath and field hacking! She was at North Cheshire Equestrian Centre but I'm sure other yards in the area will offer the same.

Cloball

Visit site
There's Mostyn which has a farm ride and xc, Marian Bach which has a xc course and access to off road hacking. Both are close to the A55 I think there's another over pentre Halkyn way but can't remember the name.