fulmer snaffle bits!

chestnutride

Visit site
I'm looking to get a Fulmer Snaffle bit for our pony, I don't know much about them! I need a bit that isn't harsh as she has a soft mouth, but would like something that would help turning, she can get a bit strong and throw her head about sometimes and leans on the bit when jumping... what do people know about fulmer bits? Any knowledge is helpful.
Also, based on what I said, do people have any recommendations for bit joints?

TIA

Pippity

Visit site
The joint depends on your horse's mouth conformation. Mine has a high, narrow palate, so a single-jointed fits her best. For something with a low, flat palate, it would be worth looking at a mullen.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I'm looking to get a Fulmer Snaffle bit for our pony, I don't know much about them! I need a bit that isn't harsh as she has a soft mouth, but would like something that would help turning, she can get a bit strong and throw her head about sometimes and leans on the bit when jumping... what do people know about fulmer bits? Any knowledge is helpful.
Also, based on what I said, do people have any recommendations for bit joints?

TIA
Make sure you get an original Fulmer ( the best) rather than just a full cheek snaffle, the Fulmer has a slight bend at the tops to aid turning. Some horses open their mouths to avoid turning so bit slides through mouth where the Fulmer it cannot do that.

Most bits are only as sever as the hands that hold them, the mouth piece is just like a jointed snaffle. Also get the keepers to get the best result https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11255531...XatvNh1Y59IZb7zAsdjrLUfdkKqG|tkp:BFBM3JGtk4Vg