FUN freestyle to music tunes.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Just watching the live stream from the NAF dressage champs at the mo. It's a rider called Sara Gallop using quite a bit of music from HP and the Order of the Phoenix for her trot work. This cheered me up as it is quite 'fun' music and really suits the horse. Sometimes I find it a little boring when riders use music that yes, is dramatic but doesn't suit the horse, or the horse just doesn't have the movement to do justice to the dramatic music.

Regionals were held at my college and there was a test ridden by a woman on a slightly chunkier horse. He was correct but not the most elegant. Lovely test ridden well with more 'quirky' music that really suited the horse. For her final salute, she had a sort of out of tune trumpet note; the whole crowd loved it. I thought it was a really good example of choosing music to show off your horse and work with them.

Anyone else seen some more 'fun' freestyle tests?
:)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I watched, Hartpury I think, a chunky feathery cob do an elem level freestyle to The Floral Dance, it was absolutely brilliant and she won her section.

LeneHorse

Visit site
I have always fancied coming down the centre line to Aaron Copeland's Hoe Down from Rodeo - it would suit my horse's canter transitions!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Steptoe and Son's 'Old Ned' for the walk. It was perfect for the horse it was chosen for. :)

[video=youtube;I7ly_tp-9SY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ly_tp-9SY[/video]

Greylegs

Visit site
Someone once told me my yellow dun highland looks like a womble (!!) so I worked out a routine to Womble music. Never rode it competitively, but it suited him perfectly. A mixture of "Remember you're a Womble", "Womble Square Dance", "Great Uncle Bulgarias March" (brilliant walk music) and "Wombling Along" .... fun and appropriate for my pony. Now you've reminded me I might resurrect it .....

You can find all of the above on You Tube ....

rosiesowner

Visit site
I've used a series of Madness tunes. It went down very well.
Sounds a load of fun!
I watched, Hartpury I think, a chunky feathery cob do an elem level freestyle to The Floral Dance, it was absolutely brilliant and she won her section.
Haha that sounds perfect for a chunkier horse!
I have always fancied coming down the centre line to Aaron Copeland's Hoe Down from Rodeo - it would suit my horse's canter transitions!
That sounds awesome
Steptoe and Son's 'Old Ned' for the walk. It was perfect for the horse it was chosen for. :)

[video=youtube;I7ly_tp-9SY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ly_tp-9SY[/video]
Hahaha oh my goodness! How I WISH that would suit Chilli but unfortunately with all this spring grass she is feeling quite the opposite of that music right now...
Theme tune to Rhoobarb & Custard, followed with Magic Roundabout, interspersed with the Banana Splits, plus Dumbo theme (the feather part) has gone down quite well :D
Love the R & C theme, mum and I always say it's what we think is going round our young springer's head when she's up to no good.
Saw a cute little coloured pony with a child rider use Yankee Doodle Dandy - suited him brilliantly.
That's adorable!
Someone once told me my yellow dun highland looks like a womble (!!) so I worked out a routine to Womble music. Never rode it competitively, but it suited him perfectly. A mixture of "Remember you're a Womble", "Womble Square Dance", "Great Uncle Bulgarias March" (brilliant walk music) and "Wombling Along" .... fun and appropriate for my pony. Now you've reminded me I might resurrect it .....

You can find all of the above on You Tube ....
That sounds amazing. You should definitely do it and film it!!
I've always wanted to use disney...
Yes! I really love the tunes from some of the older films like Dumbo for example. Love those Pink Elephants :)

mypegasus

www.themusingsofpegasus.wordpress.com

I'm wondering which bit of Hoe Down you'd use - currently playing it with the orchestra I play with. Played it a long time ago with youth orchestra I was it. Wonder if you could use some of the rest of the suite too.

LeneHorse

Visit site
I'm wondering which bit of Hoe Down you'd use - currently playing it with the orchestra I play with. Played it a long time ago with youth orchestra I was it. Wonder if you could use some of the rest of the suite too.

The bit they always play on classic FM!! I can just picture my mare doing one of her 'explosive' canter transitions to it.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Have always enjoyed using 'I love to boogie' from t-rex/billy elliot for our trot work

Also did a shrek melody in full costume :D. Donkey's version of I'm a believer for trot, all star for canter, I think my beloved monster for walk iirc, dreamworks for entry ;)

Friend used mr blue sky one year because for the previous 3 RC qualifiers on 1st may bank holiday the weather had been dire!

I don't believe in boring music :D. I have tried that bit of hoe down with F but it doesn't work with him, I've also always wanted to use the intro to seven nation army at some point. :D

rosiesowner

Visit site
Also did a shrek melody in full costume :D. Donkey's version of I'm a believer for trot, all star for canter, I think my beloved monster for walk iirc, dreamworks for entry ;)

I can't believe someone else actually did a shrek melody. AND in costume. This has made my life, I have wanted to dress Chilli up as donkey and be shrek to the soundtrack for ages!!!! Do you have any pics??

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
There is a bad quality video somewhere too. F wasn't quite on form, and went lame with his front foot issue shortly after but was still great fun. Shrek, Fiona, Donkey and puss :)
309066_10150466504577932_770487361_n.jpg

Gazen

Visit site
I have always fancied doing a freestyle to Lady Gaga. I have worked out the routine in my head, but the rhythm isn't quite right for my horse.

Lucyad

Visit site
I have always fancied giving dressage to music a go, just so I could ride to Nelly the Elephant (preferably the Toy Doll's version), on my rather clumbersome Clydesdale cross. The fast bits would suit his battle charge canter; the slow bits, his rhythmical trot. He even has an elephant outfit, complete with trunk made out of a tumble drier duct, and large cardboard ears. We would need to get a bit better at dressage first though, so I don't see it happening imminently.

Walrus

Visit site
I've got orchestral versions of Disney (ish) tunes, I'm a believer for trot (Shrek), wish upon a star for walk (pinnochio) and time of your life from a bugs life for canter. The bugs life music has loads of whistles and pops in it and I believe we nearly lost someone in the warmup due to it at one competition when the volume was particularly loud!! ������

fabbydo

Visit site
For some reason, disco really suits my mare. We have done routines for Abba, Queen and Beegees. I'm always saying I'll do a proper grown up routine one day......... (when I grow up!)