Fun post on HH

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
No I didn't get your message or answer your call I was out riding sorry.

On that note do any of you have that annoying thing some do with their text messages??

write one line and send then another line and send etc drives me potty, all I hear is
Ping - Ping _Ping- Ping
why note write the whole message then click send, no wonder \i don't read half the text.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
That pony? No, you know him, the grey Connie, the one I bought back in.....

Buys similar looking ponies, keeps them at several different locations and forbids the saddle fitter from emailing in case the husband realises a. saddle purchases, b. pony ownership level.
That is why I have a different email address for such purchase he knows nothing about. He does not know the password or the account

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
No I didn't get your message or answer your call I was out riding sorry.

On that note do any of you have that annoying thing some do with their text messages??

write one line and send then another line and send etc drives me potty, all I hear is
Ping - Ping _Ping- Ping
why note write the whole message then click send, no wonder \i don't read half the text.

Are they old? There was a character limit when texts first started, 120 from memory. It's 160 now and if the sender types more then the message will be split automatically.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
No, no, of course I didn't wash it along with your pants in the washing machine.
Reversing the situation. Mr P used to get really p’d off with me using the washing machine for horse stuff so I bought myself a new, bigger one.
Now everytime I go to use it it’s full, he washes his clothes in the horse machine because it’s bigger 😂🤦‍♀️
Suddenly it’s no longer a problem and he doesn’t notice hairs in his pants

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Are they old? There was a character limit when texts first started, 120 from memory. It's 160 now and if the sender types more then the message will be split automatically.
no she is 35 years old i know someone else who does this 6 or 7 words then they click send sometimes
less words literally here are examples. drives me potty when i am riding or such ping ping ping

Attachments

• 20240407_215844.jpg
    20240407_215844.jpg
    929.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240407_215859.jpg
    20240407_215859.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Birker2020

Visit site
"Yes, darling, I'll be home soon - I'm leaving the yard in 10 minutes"

Need I say more? 😂
ha ha yes I have often text "leaving yard now" and still there an hour later, I seem to always bump into someone I've not spoken to in a while, that's the problem with these big yards, you end up chatting for hours :) Dinner on the side, words spoken when I get through the door. I've told him a million times not to worry, I've had years and years living at Mums and Dads and sticking my cold dinner in the microwave to reheat it and I REALLY DON'T MIND!

Tarragon

Visit site
Pinched from my OH who is into Model railways....

Man - if I die, I just hope that my wife doesn't sell my collection at the price I told her I paid for them!

His trick was to part pay for new piece by credit card over the phone, then return with his wife to the actual shop to "complete" the purchase and pick it up - clever ploy!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
no she is 35 years old i know someone else who does this 6 or 7 words then they click send sometimes
less words literally here are examples. drives me potty when i am riding or such ping ping ping

That would drive me potty regardless what I was doing. Surely there must be ways to silence only the notifications from specific persons? So that you would still receive their messages, but not get the ping ping ping, without could check your phone when you've finished riding or whatever else you're busy with, for messages from them?

If nothing else works, have you tried sending similar short messages back to them, perhaps on a time when you know that they're watching their favourite TV show or similar...