Fund Raising for Cairo Horses....

Aces_High

Visit site
Hi All - (also in SB)

A friend and myself are sending three UK farriers to Cairo on the 23rd March for a week. They are going to treat the working and tourist horses. My brother in law is also going to be holding workshops and talks for the owners on hoof care in a bid that they can improve the comfort for these horses and get a longer working life from them. Once Kris and his team return to the UK the charities they are working along side will maintain the work he will have started. we are hoping that we can make this an annual event and in time send farriers out there for longer periods of time. As you are probably all aware there has been a lot of problems in Egypt and this in turn has been detrementail to the tourism trade there. People cannot afford to feed their families let alone their horses. It is a vicious circle as the horses are their livelihood and the only source of income for a lot of people there.

Please have a look at our Facebook page and if you like what you see then 'like' us! And please please please share us with all your friends.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/CairoFarrier

We are going to running an online auction with lots of horsey goodies to be won.

Many Thanks
A_H

Aces_High

Visit site
How fabulous of you and everyone else involved. Please keep us updated (not on facebook)

Thank you, Thank you!! I will keep you posted. You can look at the page even you are not on Facebook - I just don't think you can 'like' the page!

I am so excited yet rather nervous.... I just really hope that the horses and people benefit.

Roland who blogs the Nags N Nails for Horse and Hound is coming along - being my brother in laws apprentice! I will just dig out the link to his blog about the project....

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/blogs/7616/311258.html

Aces_High

Visit site
Come on guys!! We'd like the support of HHO behind us - surely being horsey people everyone should be behind a project like this. Anything to help stop the suffering and to ease the pain for these horses which are the bread and butter for the Egyptian people.

Milanesa

Visit site
Hey well done u guys, I think it's fab you are helpIng the poor chaps that are suffering so much at present. I will have a look at the fb page x

JessandCharlie

Visit site
Bump! Come on people! What a poor display of support for such a worthy cause :(

You guys can have 50 page discussions on draw reins and shoeing, but can't be arses to reply to this. :confused:

J&C

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
I already have prince fluffy on fb, what a wonderful thing they do. some of the neglect is just mind boggling, there was one on the other day with the worst foot i have ever seen. I will be donating to the cause. Well done to the farriers going out, i really hope they have a strong stomach, they certainly have big hearts.

Aces_High

Visit site
Hi Guys! Yes we'd love any items you have to donate to the auction. You can read the page if you are not a FB member but I am unsure if you can link directly to us. The email address is there so please contact us and we can go from there. I know Kris will not have seen feet in the state he will see when he gets to Cairo. I hope the education and workshops can really help educate these people. I am on my phone at the moment so please ignore any typo's etc. I will post some links tomorrow for the Come Dine With Me pudding bonanza with an amazing prize. The event is happening in Hampshire (my geography isn't great!) Anyway I'll pop all details across in case people from here wish to attend! Thank you and I agree with the draw reins comment!!!!!!!

Aces_High

Visit site
Just checking that I'm not being an idiot! :p

Is this the correct email to contact re donating items for the auction?
cairo.farrier@gmail.com

Hi Faracat - yes that is the right email address! Thank you sooooo much!! :)

I am brainstorming at the moment and have a huge list of fabulous auction ideas so fingers crossed that I manage to get some of the items donated!!

Aces_High

Visit site
Thank you!!! It really does mean a huge amount to us. I am going to post a little later on I'm not sure where :) as the Pudding Bonanza is being held in Hampshire and we've got a super prize for the best pudding and I wondered if anyone in the Hampshire area on here would be interested in entering the competition :)