Funny little toll bridge on the A57 west of Lincoln

Gamebird

Visit site
OK now I have googled this one this time but can't find it.

There's a funny little toll bridge on the A57 before you get to Lincoln, always takes me by surprise and I never have any money.

Anyone local that can remember how much it is please?

Gamebird

Visit site
Gosh you're very clever! Thank you very much. I had no idea what it was called, which probably didn't help google out much.

Think I can cope with 40p each way
grin.gif

sw123

Visit site
they're always funny little old men taking your money, think its 50p in the horse lorry, going over tomorrow actually!

Gamebird

Visit site
Well I've been over it and I say it's a funny little toll bridge! At least we don't charge people to go over bridges in North Yorkshire. And they say we're the tight ones....
tongue.gif

Gamebird

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
they're always funny little old men taking your money, think its 50p in the horse lorry, going over tomorrow actually!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! Off XC schooling. If I'm giving the funny little man my 40p at the same time as you I'll say hello

sw123

Visit site
Are you going to grange de lings? We're hoping to go late morning......although struggling to get hold of them at teh mo!

Gamebird

Visit site
Grange de Lings
grin.gif

We're there for 9am (providing we're not rained off) but there's plenty of horses to get through so we should still be there. You'll have to be very nice if you want to share our picnic though....

sw123

Visit site
well Em is aiming to take 4 then ill turn up at a nice civilised time with Tog (if they answer the phone!!!) I might make mars bar cake..........(have to develop flu as well overnight)

Gamebird

Visit site
Mars Bar cake sounds good. Might see you there. I've never been before and it's a bit far just for schooling really but I fancy a day out, am meeting some friends and I don't fancy doing Lincoln BE cold!

sw123

Visit site
I havent schooled yet so need to go although just spoken and not sure we'll be able to as everyone needs to be off there by 12 as its closed in the afternoon. So if you've got 5 adn we've have 5 lol we might make it a bit busy!! All v good there but i never do the water, not convinced by it!!

Gamebird

Visit site
See you there. We won't have all 5 going at once I doubt as there will be more horses than jockeys so hopefully it'll be fine.

Steeleydan

Visit site
God that bridge, you have just reminded me of- Last Monday I was coming home from a house sit at Newark and when I packed my car I just put my hand bag behind my seat forgeting about the toll bridge, then as I neared it I thought dam, no money in ash tray and tried frantically shuffleing my hand in bag behind seat to get purse, now getting even closer to the little man in toll booth, still couldnt reach purse ended up having to get out of my car to get into hand bag, I was not the most popular person in the que, and all for 30p!!!!!!!

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Steeleydan - I generally have the same problem when I go over it (which tends to be quite a lot as there is a good little tack and feed shop on the other side.....!)
laugh.gif

SW - think I already have the flu on the way.....
mad.gif
(that'll be nice for getting through 3 events in the next 3 weeks
frown.gif
)

KatB

Visit site
SW, will see you there tomo aswell then, as I am one of the motley crew going with Gamebird... Goddy is easily recognisable probably, being wired and coloured
smirk.gif

sw123

Visit site
Told you they're funny little men in there, yesterday's said "you've got sunglasses on your head" ummm yes when i left home it was sunny (it was thick fog at this point!!). Was a good day, nice to see Gamebird and meet Baydale
smile.gif

jocke

New User
Visit site

Gamebird

Visit site
Where on EARTH did this thread surface from???? :confused:

This was from when Baydale and I went pre-season XC schooling... in 2008 :eek:. Utterly, utterly bizarre :confused:

DragonSlayer

Visit site
What grates me about that 'funny little toll bridge' is that they charge me as a van in my pick-up as it's classed as a 'commercial vehicle'....!

How very dare they....mind you, it's the same on all toll bridges!

Gamebird

Visit site
Lovely pics sw123, and it was a very froggy morning. Baydale was very grateful for the hot soup and cake that I brought!