furious with seller

stormox

Visit site
Yes my 'forbidden' word did begin with a P. But I didnt mean it in any derogatory sense. I know good and bad travellers, and good and bad gorjas (non-travellers). I was just saying that USUALLY if you see a foal or 14 month old pony broken (and probably with shoes on) it has USUALLY been used in a sulky by travellers.
Not many average horse-owners would ride such a young animal. Anyone on this forum who does, feel free to correct me.

JenJ

Visit site
Yes my 'forbidden' word did begin with a P. But I didnt mean it in any derogatory sense. I know good and bad travellers, and good and bad gorjas (non-travellers). I was just saying that USUALLY if you see a foal or 14 month old pony broken (and probably with shoes on) it has USUALLY been used in a sulky by travellers.
Not many average horse-owners would ride such a young animal. Anyone on this forum who does, feel free to correct me.

USUALLY the P word is used in a deregatory sense :)

stormox

Visit site
Im truly sorry if I offended anyone, I just thought it another word for that particular community. ( But when It came up ***** travellers I thought it DID look like I was being rude about them!)

tessybear

Visit site
I probably read this wrong so forgive me but it doesn't add up what you have said (again i probably didn't read it properly) but good luck anyhow !

Fudgecakelover

New User
Visit site
Sorry i'm here i've been busy.
And sorry to confuse you all. The pony was for my 3 younger children, my 21yo went to see her as my little one was ill that day, it was a different one to get delivered that was viewed i'm still attempting to workout as to why they put their son on her but hey ho, and no i didn't have to keep her but i couldn't hand her back to him i am possibly over my head a bit but looking into them eyes of hers no way could i send her away with him.

It is now 7 days since i go her, she has been out in the field playing today and loved it to the point she wouldn't come in at first, her legs are loads better and she is getting there slowly, it's late and i am shattered but i shall update tomorrow and put up pics.

Rose Folly

Visit site
As Purple18, Stormox and cptrayes. This story just doesn't add up. You have acquired a horse that has changed sex two or three times, at one point in the story appears to be a pony but is being bought for a 21-year old son? You keep referring to the horse now in your keeping as a mare, but when the trailer was opened it was a gelding???!!!

cptrayes

Visit site
Sorry i'm here i've been busy.
And sorry to confuse you all. The pony was for my 3 younger children, my 21yo went to see her as my little one was ill that day, it was a different one to get delivered that was viewed i'm still attempting to workout as to why they put their son on her but hey ho, and no i didn't have to keep her but i couldn't hand her back to him i am possibly over my head a bit but looking into them eyes of hers no way could i send her away with him.

It is now 7 days since i go her, she has been out in the field playing today and loved it to the point she wouldn't come in at first, her legs are loads better and she is getting there slowly, it's late and i am shattered but i shall update tomorrow and put up pics.

Your grammar and use of English is different in this post to your first one. Tiredness has made you sound a lot less educated :) And now your 21 year old did go to see a 'she' and not a 'he'?

Did you keep a 14 month old in for 6 days before letting her out to play, or is this just hte first day that she has played?

Are you saying that a completely different horse arrived in the trailer than the 4 year old mare you viewed, which was different from the 5 year old gelding that your son viewed, and although it was pretty clearly only a yearling, you bought it anyway?

Seriously, no pony the age you were looking at is suitable for someone of your and your sons' experience. The current one is not even suitable to be ridden for another 2 or 3 years. But I think you know that aleady.

ps I wonder if the dealer was Rileyboy?

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
but you said you and hubby went to see him too? that's the bit I don't understand as surely you would have noticed it was a different pony coming off the trailer?

stormox

Visit site
OP, where did you first find out about this horse/horses for sale? An on-line ad? which site? A magazine ad? which mag? word-of-mouth? A sale?
You say you "came across " the horse that you were originally interested in.
One does not just 'come across' horses in the street holding an 'Im for sale'notice! :)

GrumpyHero

Visit site
i'm really sorry OP but your story is really quite bizarre and i can't get myself to believe any of it :/
If this is a truthful story then good luck, but i suggest you get an experienced horse person to help you out as you seem a bit in over your head! :)

WelshD

Visit site
An odd story

You want to warn others yet you let the dealer con you completely by taking your money and fobbing you off with something completely unsuitable

Send the horse back and make them pay and let that act as a warning to them

You sound like you were a born easy target frankly

RCP Equestrian

Visit site
Wow! Beyond confused at the beginning but I think I've got it now! :D

Rather interesting thread....hope whatever happens all the ponies/horses have nice homes now! :)

BBH

Visit site
CONFUSED . COM ???????????????????????

Cannot believe one pony was viewed and purchased and another delivered and the buyer says nothing and keeps the wrong pony anyway.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Quite by coincidence, I recently heard an almost identical story of a lady being sold a 4 year old horse that, during the vetting, turned out to be 14 months old. Same county as OP.

Perhaps someone locally is getting rid of youngstock for the price of a backed young horse. While I've heard of 3 year olds being passed off as 6 year olds, selling a 14 month old as a backed horse is shabby.

Angus' yard

Visit site
OP appears to have disappeared. How disappointing. Just spent five minutes on a Friday evening being confused by this thread and none the wiser.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Very odd story, I hope the filly gets chance to recover and grows up to be a good horse.
Back in my youth there was a dealer near to me who sold a lot of cheap ponies. All were advertised as broken and between 4 & 12yo. In reality I don't think he ever owned anything between 2 and 25. Two of my friends had ponies off him (we were teenagers who didn't know much and whose parents weren't horsey) one was a 2yo advertised as 6, she only realised it had been 2 when it started losing its front teeth, having been riding it all summer. The other friend got a brilliant coloured pony who was fast and jumped anything but was many years older than the 10 years he was meant to be.

lme

Visit site
When I was about 13, I part exchanged my outgrown 11.2 for what was supposed to be a 14:2 4yo. The dealer was our local coal merchant who also dealt coloured ponies & cobs. My new 'pony' turned out to be rising 2. :eek: He was a sweet boy and I had great fun taking him for walks until he was old enough to ride.

hoggedmane

Visit site
A girl who knows a friend of mine as given a pony by her uncle for her girls to ride. He said she was 4. When I saw her I queried it and when they checked her passport she was 18months old. Beggars belief that he was prepared to have his nieces ride her!

kiteman0

Visit site
well, i pm'd the op and offered help and left my phone no for them to ring if they wanted me to go over and have a look at this pony.:)

guess what:confused:

no phone call or reply to my pm :rolleyes:

emeraldbeach

New User
Visit site
This story sounded odd right from the start.you find yourself going over and over it trying to make some sort of sense of it all,and still the outcome is the same.totally confused.