Furminator shedding tools?

chaps89

Visit site
I've seen on previous threads that people recommend the above dog grooming brushes for horses at moulting time. As mine resembles a hairy yeti and has just started shedding I thought I might try to get ahead of myself and buy one this year.
However when I looked a bit more closely there's quite a few different types of these, any recommendations for which to go for, and at £25 each are they really worth it?

pansymouse

Visit site
Despite being a very reluctant groomer I'm totally addicted to Furninating to the point I'll stalk random hairy animals in the hope of being able to feed my habit. Get one; it'll be the best £25 you spend. Don't get the cheap copies, they break.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
We have the dog size furminator and find it really useful..and addictive. Good job the horses enjoy it.

Annagain

Visit site
I love furminating. I furminate the dog regularly and get so much satisfaction from seeing all that hair coming off her. I would love to furminate Archie but he won't allow it. Nothing but my Good Hands grooming gloves are allowed near him. They're very good at getting hair off too though so I can't complain too much.

On the Hoof

Visit site
Furminators are definitely your friend, but beware as Pansymouse says, you will be addicted and go searching for anything furry that moves to appease your addiction. :)

only_me

Visit site
I've the horse one and it's fab!

Also have a dog one and tbh it has saved my lab from being thrown out of the living room. She may love the fire but dad didn't appreciate the hair collection :p

Nasicus

Visit site
Careful if you decide to use it on the cat, they may seem to be enjoying it, and you'll marvel at how much loose hair it managed to shift, until you look down and realize it's pulled all the undercoat out and you now have a cat with a bald racing stripe along her back :eek::eek:

pansymouse

Visit site
Careful if you decide to use it on the cat, they may seem to be enjoying it, and you'll marvel at how much loose hair it managed to shift, until you look down and realize it's pulled all the undercoat out and you now have a cat with a bald racing stripe along her back :eek::eek:

Mine have tried to remove the skin from my hands long before grooming reaches that point. It's a dangerous job but so worth it; their coats are so soft and glossy afterwards and obviously there's a significant reduction in fur balls.

Nasicus

Visit site
Mine have tried to remove the skin from my hands long before grooming reaches that point. It's a dangerous job but so worth it; their coats are so soft and glossy afterwards and obviously there's a significant reduction in fur balls.

I've come to the conclusion that my cat is either a masochist or simply has fur that's not compatible with the furminator! Absolutely loved it for our old Labrador though, he was always gleaming after a furminating!