Further to stickability poll... how stickable are you??

How old is your USED trailer?

• Total voters

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I'm like a limpet; I know I fall off more than alot of people on the forum
blush.gif
but even the time Antifaz bucked me off, I'm sure I stayed on for more than 8 seconds
grin.gif

Irishcobs

Visit site
Very stickable. Can sit most things but a big big buck. Or the time Gyp chucked me, but I didn't have any stirrups!

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
I pretty limpetish... When I was 8 I 'had a go' on a friend's arab... The horse bucked three or four times, all four hoofs off the ground, and I managed to sit to it!

On the other hand, I almost fall off every time I jump ^^

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
I pretty limpetish... When I was 8 I 'had a go' on a friend's arab... The horse bucked three or four times, all four hoofs off the ground, and I managed to sit to it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah yes! That's PF favourite mode of bucking when she's a bit fresh!
grin.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I'd say very, I fell off on friday for the first time since May
grin.gif

And even my fall on friday was a good one, horse stops at fence, I get tipped over left shoulder, both feet caught in stirrups que me clinging onto horses neck, horse walks backwards and to the side, feet come free, I land on my feet
grin.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
hum...pretty stickable when tanked with, or with bucking.
Won't get on a known rearer but when I have sat on one that unexpectedly did it, stayed on.
Anything that really wanted though could have me off, although I've only ever been bucked off once, but I was just back in the saddle after breaking my collarbone so..
I said pretty stickable in routine situations!

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
I put very stickable. I have managed to sit Spring's huge bucks and the one time she properly rodeoed I stayed on and *whspers* haven't fallen off her yet -this is the kiss of death now
smirk.gif
Also Ally my old horse would shy constantly so am quite good with full on spooks at all speeds!
I haven't really ridden any horses that were totally determined to get me off though so not sure how I would fair in that situation.

Skhosu

Visit site
forgot to add...ashamedly I did in the summer slide down my horses neck. He stopped and put his head down (into a jump) and off I slid! oops!

Clodagh

Visit site
Pretty stickable, my youngster has been known to turn herself inside out when hunting and it must look good cos when we finish everyone has their mouths open! (Just watch me fall off on Wednesday now...touch wood not!!)

I have fallen off twice in the last year, both times I landed on my feet holding the reins!

SilGathien

Visit site
I'm not sure :S, I don't have very evil horses lol.

However beast used to get uptight with turn on the forehands, we had leaping, bucking and all sorts, and he does love to have a big buck occasionally.. little horror, but I can sit that.

But, on old pony I used to fall of ALOT whilst jumping because he'd stop when you were leaning forward for jumping position, and obviously, I'd fall off over head. But I got better and didn't fall off as much
laugh.gif

I do always fall off spectacularly, Headstands anyone?!? :S

But for now, me thinks I can sit most things beast throws at me.

Always remember the time my friend rode my old pony, he stopped and she went literally flying! As did her father when she rode my mum's horse... lol

Skhosu

Visit site
lol, at least it was better than falling off at speed (it was very low impact off a 17hh!) but I then had to lead him home (couldn't remount!) and jump the wrong way through the course because I couldn't find the gate!
Unfortunately I uttered some expletives only to discover my new ponys 12yr old owner was standing the other side of the hedge! (and his father was judging the fence!!)

Tia

Visit site
I fell off this summer for the first time in 30 years. You know the story - working cattle with totally green 3 year old - he freaked and bounced - I went to bail out and he went back up again taking my right leg with him. I got straight back on him and took him right back into the centre of the herd and he was perfect.

I've ridden a lot of nutters over the years but I've only fallen off a handful of times in my life although they are pretty spectacular falls when I do.

Limpet me.

Becky101

Visit site
I put fairly stickable in routine situations. Used to be awful but new horsey is definately helping my seat!! Can now stay on to his famous buck, spin, buck, drop shoulder routine!! lol. took a few falls at first tho!!!

CastleMouse

Visit site
I'm very stickable! I haven't fallen out hunting so far this season (*touches wood*)! I also now feel when Cass is growing to throw in a little buck when schooling!
grin.gif

WeeBrown

Visit site
very apt post for me! In last few weeks I've had bucking sessions and rearing. Bucking was my fault as I clung much too tight with legs (and the same horse did not react same the week after doing same exercise with me so I knew it was all me the week before:)).
I haven't fallen off for a long while but I'm sure it's just around the corner.
Hehe I remember first time husband rode on a hack a few years ago - his horse reared a bit then bucked - he said it had bucked both ways
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I tend not to put myself in a situation where I might come off (seeing Boss's post in another 'stickability' thread, yes I am mainly a dressage rider!) but I can sit a buck or two. I do tend to come off though as I haven't much experience with sitting bucks and things! I always used to come off my old pony though, usually heading for a fence or other hard inanimate object in the process!

Haflinger

Visit site
I have put very stickable (Now just wait for tomorrow
smirk.gif
)

I can sit those unexpected fast spins and spooks, and am able to sit running backwards,sideways and all those little pranks ponies like to pull.

Pidge

Visit site
Used to be able to stick on very well when younger, as I have got older I have lost that stickability especially when Pidge leaps to the side when cantering and then slams the brakes on - 3 times to date
blush.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
Well, I can sit to some rodeo style tomfoolery - and when i did fall off I landed on my feet - bet I can't do that again even if I tried! x

MagicMelon

Visit site
I usually tend to stay on quite well. The last time I fell off, I chose to! Horse was bronc'ing and I knew he'd only stop once I came off so since I knew the outcome, I chose a good moment to get off tidily!

teapot

Visit site
Put pretty stickable - used to having RS ponies stop, spin, buck galore and not move whilst on them, and jumping them from a walk

I tend to say it's the fact that I can wrap 5ft11 of leg around them
grin.gif

Think my last nasty fall was when I was jumping down in the field, going over jump, landed, just about to sit up & ride away - horse puts head between his knees and bucks to kingdom come - my language was not pleasant as landed smack on my back - could barely rise to the trot the next day

Oh and used to riding a 17hh that spooked at the arena letter markers. You'd go past C and end up at E - he only got me off once when his shoulder dropped about 3ft and I landed on my feet.

conniegirl

Visit site
limpit!! my pony has a tendancy to do rodeo displays, having managed to sit 6 bucks bareback where the force of the buck brought his front feet off the floor i think i can sit most things. If ive got a saddle or something to hang onto then it takes an awful lot to get me off, it takes alot to get me off bareback as well.
The only exception is rearing, i will get off rather then sit a rear. I dread something coming over on me and wont play that game.