Further to stickability poll... how stickable are you??

How old is your USED trailer?

• Total voters

Allykat

Visit site
I stuck fast today
smile.gif

We had a jumping lesson today and we were doing bounces. Joe had been jumping fantastic but this time round he just backed right off. I pushed and we scrambled over the first part but he left his leg behind I think and ditched onto his nose on landing. He tipped forward, I saw the next wingstand flash by mighty close, then he scrabbled up to his feet and went mooching off round the track as though nothing has happened
crazy.gif
I lost a stirrup but otherwise didn't move
smile.gif

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I put limpet.
Comes from being used as a guinea pig in my younger days to try out new horses at RS.
Has been my downfall twice though. Ended up underneath horses when they hit XC fences and flipped. Just stayed in the saddle. Still have the scars to prove it Lesson now learnt.
Only time I have come off my current horse was when he hit the jump out of water complex. Just knew he was going down and elected to throw myself clear rather than endure the pain of a 17hh ISH on top of me.

Gingernags

Visit site
*Frantically grabbing hold of wooden desk*

I haven't come off in 10 years - and then only once in about the preceeding 6 or 7.

I have been bolted with by a mad, bronco bucking racehorse in the middle of a dual carriageway heading towards oncoming traffic - at the time I was somewhere down his shoulder/round his neck - but the thought of hitting tarmac at 30MPH was not appealing and I somehow hauled myself back on and got him off the road!

Asti has tried all sorts of nasty bucks/spins/rears/leaps and jumping a 4'6" gate from a standstill then landing and jumping up a 4' bank at the other side.

I've decided I'm too old now to fall off - it hurts and I don't bounce!

Tempi

Visit site
id say im pretty much like a limpit, Bloss has never had me off (apart from rearing and going over backwards) and Archie had me off once, but i wasnt actually on if you get what i mean. ive sat (so far) everything else hes thrown at me - which has been a lot!!
smirk.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
I put Limpet as i have only fallen off once in about 6 years and that was coz my horse was bronking the whole way down a hil, decided he couldn't get me off that way so he stopped dead which unseated me, spun and threw out a huge buck at the same time so i went splat on the floor.

My mare has bronked with me so many times though and has only unseated me once but luckily i still stayed on. She is 17hh so i wasn't hitting the deck for no-one LOL.

the watcher

Visit site
Used to have lots of stick, but in spite of that had a couple of bad falls..I had reached the stage that if I was going to come off it was going to be a big one! As a result have some long term injuries that have made me very stiff and now just refuse to get on things that wont behave.
I can still sit out a spook, or a fly buck and don't mind a bit of bouncing at the front end..but I know my limits now. ..everything I do has to be tightly controlled to minimise any further damage.
In fact the biggest problem for me is at the getting on stage, once I am comfortable in the saddle I am not too worried

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I put Limpet as i have only fallen off once in about 6 years and that was coz my horse was bronking the whole way down a hil, decided he couldn't get me off that way so he stopped dead which unseated me, spun and threw out a huge buck at the same time so i went splat on the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm.....let me guess who that might have been
tongue.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
I've had Robin for 2 and a half years and I've come off him 3 times. Once was when he fell over in a water jump and took me with him so I couldn;t help that one. The second time he fell over jumping haylage bales and rolled over me so I couldn't help that one either. The third time he stopped at a pathetic jump because I rode like a plank, so even I thoroughly deserved to fall off I should have stayed on.

Have had bailey for 2 months and fell off him out hunting the first time when he got him front feet stuck in some wire and went over backwards, so again I couldn't help that one.

Generally I stay on although I do have some occasional stupid falls.

Kelly1982

Visit site
He he that was when i first got him, i had a HUGE bruise on my elbow and my back was cut to pieces so Vicky got on him to install some manners in him as i lay crying on the floor
blush.gif
LOL. Funny enough he never tried it again after that!!!

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
Crumbs.... compared to everyone else i'm RUBBISH!! and am regularly falling off, fallen off once so far this hunting season, as we got involved in a pile up & i exited left,

Still i'd say i can stick to more than most people, and no one else could/will even try to ride Ian (pysco dangerous pussy cat of a horse!!) - who is dreadful if you are almost falling off, as he will duck out of the way so you go from hanging on to hanging in mid air in a split second!!

BBs

Visit site
I dont come off often, just as well cos usually end up in hospital when i do, but I dont think I have huge amounts of stickability. Bally was the worst horse ever for spooking and i came off her 22 times in 18 months through shear spooking, never bucked or reared!
Now i ride more diffensively.
I know when i was riding out my old trainers 4 year old he went down on the road with me and i just stayed in perfect balance and trainer was shocked i didnt come off. However, with Bal i would seem to just slide off lol my mum thought i made no effort to stay on!
Winston has only had me off twice through stopping! I still cant believe his bucks no matter how big i havent yet *touches wood* eaten soil!

Rambo

Visit site
Well, I think of myself as pretty 'sticky' but then that's in relation to horses bronking with me or and generally pratting about when i'm on them.

However, I have come off 6 times in the past 6 months
shocked.gif
All bar one of them my own doing and all of them in the course of jumping / competing. I have gone over the handlebars three times when i've been committed to jump, and the horse has said 'no'. Once I came off the back when a horse reared up in the ring....better to fall off than bring the horse over on top of me, once I 'fell' off when the horse turneda somersault over a fence, and once i fell off when the horse jumped so big over a fence and then stopped dead on landing
tongue.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
I'm pretty stickable and if I do come off it's usually for very embarrassing reasons- last one was when someone passed me the phone as someone had called for me, I was minus reins and stirrups on a horse that should know better and she freaked, whipped round and bronced up the school!!

Ginn

Visit site
Well other than kiri who has a true velcro bum, I have sat on the mechanical bull at our local activities place for one of the longest times:

1min 48 seconds with my mate at the controls (he worked there) with it on maximum level from the word go!
grin.gif
tongue.gif

However, I do have a very bad habit of throwing myself on the floor over totally insignificant circumsatnces and have bailed out on quite a few occasions.

AND exracers who do almightly great handstands at speed and naughty sec A's are certainly my nemisis
crazy.gif

ETS: But if a horse really decides they want me on the floor they do succeed 8/10 times!
blush.gif

And the evil Sec A at work (this went on for the whole 300 yards of the fields length - little sh;t!):
BUCKINGfit1_0006.jpg
BUCKINGfit1_0005.jpg

hellyt1

Visit site
ok in most situations, can sit the odd buck and no problem with spooking but cannot for the life of me stay in the saddle when i jump!! simple answer, i keep all four hooves firmly on the ground lol

amandaco2

Visit site
limpit
my mare gave me PLENTY of practice as a youngster and occasionally further on.she can bronc for britain(as in she carries on until either you are off or you manage to old on and send her on!) and she can also do full height rears if the mood took her!
ShantihsBestSnaps2003-2005105.jpg

ShantihsBestSnaps2003-2005137.jpg

ShantihsBestSnaps2003-2005157.jpg

ShantihsBestSnaps2003-2005139.jpg

ShantihsBestSnaps2003-2005180.jpg

ShantihsBestSnaps2003-2005046.jpg

she invented the flying bronc method of dislodging the rider :nods:

the last time i came off was my youngsters fault-shes only 8months old- i was ponying her off mum and she saw a cow and stopped dead,mum carried on walking and i slid off mums bottom!was i embaressed or what?!baby cames sauntering over like hey what ARE you doing down there?!and shantih stopped and looked back as if she was shaking her head and has a sneaky munch of the grass verge!lol.

S_N

Visit site
ME? I'm not much good now - was pretty good at one point, when I was riding 3 - 7 a day, at college and then at horsey job after college!