Further To Updating Belgian Issued Passport - Microchip Wrong

Lovethebeach

Visit site
Clutching at straws really and don't know who to contact next. Had mare scanned today and the microchip in her isn't the same number as the one in her passport. Have traced the one in her to Petlog but they say that number, although one of theirs, hasn't been registered with them so can't register it to me.
So, can't trace her by microchip,
Whorls on passport image don't match hers
No written description in passport as those pages have been removed
Still no answer from Belgian passport office
Previous owner didn't register into her name
Dealer previous owner bought her from says no other paperwork other than passport

Farmkey have been helpful and confirmed freezemark on her back is registered to the name on the passport.
I could get BEF transfer into my name on the existing passport BUT I have an unregistered microchip in her, do I just cross out the number in passport and get vet to scan and sign over change and forget about Petlog? OR whole new passport for a Haflinger coloured pony?

Many thanks if you have got this far, starting to tear hair out :(

lelly

Visit site
My horse came with a fake passport, when the vet read her chip for me it didn't match the chip number on the passport. I traced the number through grassroots equine chip checker, now called equine chip checker. They let me know who the chip was registered with and I now have a replacement passport for her.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Strange there was a post on here before about two haffies with swapped passports both imported. They managed to sort it out. Do a search and you'll find it I think.

Lovethebeach

Visit site
Thank you FfionWinnie :) found and read it, interesting. Annoyingly Petlog don't seem to have an email address, will have to phone again, they only kept me in a queue for 23 mins !!

s4sugar

Visit site
Went horse searching with a friend and the dealer wouldn't let me use my microchip scanner - we walked away.

soulfull

Visit site
Thank you FfionWinnie :) found and read it, interesting. Annoyingly Petlog don't seem to have an email address, will have to phone again, they only kept me in a queue for 23 mins !!

Ask your vet to do it. Pet log told me vets have online access and can see ALL the information, while they cannot give it to you, they can pass on your details

Lovethebeach

Visit site
Ooh, thank you Soulfull, I have to get vet out to do tet vac as nothing in the passport (if it's hers) I'll add that to the list :)