Future Illusion

vixann

Visit site
had to post as soooo excited!!! My little jumping mare will be put in foal to FI this year after winning a covering in the silent auction at SSGB!!!
And I think he is fab even if some people think he looked unsettled and not very compliant at Hartpury and say that he has excellent but often unpredictable bloodlines. I am not worried as to temperament - he seemed very friendly to me and he was fab at Addington!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Congratulations Vixann, am amused at your comments, I saw him over two days and in his stable various times at Addington and he looked very chilled to me !
He was good in his display and behaved very calmly I thought. Did you not hear he had an allergic reaction to something at Hartpury and was in discomfort? Imagine itching all over, I doubt I'd be able to keep still either..
I felt very sorry for one chesnut stallion I watched at Addington who had the worst rider I've seen in a long time on him. Poor chap was gobbed, kicked, mouth hung on to with all her weight and he didn't argue one bit. Almost tempted to use him because of his tolerant temperament. The majority had good riders on, notable was Amour G's rider, what a smashing rider he was..

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
Congratulations vixann! I was stabled near him and he looked lovely to me, also saw him at an event last year and he was a saint. Agree with what HH says, if he's had a reaction at Hartpury it would explain his odd behaviour there. He was lovely at SSGB.

Molly01

Visit site
I felt very sorry for one chesnut stallion I watched at Addington who had the worst rider I've seen in a long time on him. Poor chap was gobbed, kicked, mouth hung on to with all her weight and he didn't argue one bit. Almost tempted to use him because of his tolerant temperament.

I think I have a picture of this horse, the horse looks amazing but the rider looks like she's straining with all her might and twisted in the saddle.

Congratulations on winning the covering to Future Illusion.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I felt very sorry for one chesnut stallion I watched at Addington who had the worst rider I've seen in a long time on him. Poor chap was gobbed, kicked, mouth hung on to with all her weight and he didn't argue one bit. Almost tempted to use him because of his tolerant temperament. The majority had good riders on, notable was Amour G's rider, what a smashing rider he was..
- I bet that was the same one I mentioned to Craig. Glad I am not the only one who thought that horse a saint to put up with those mixed signals. It was a case of the rider having some good old fashioned work without reins & strirrups & finding her balance.

vixann

Visit site
Which chestnut are we talking about here??
I saw a lovely bay who was not at all helped by his rider!!

HH - yes I imagine it would be pretty uncomfortable been that itchy!! and yes Amour G had a lovely rider - we were watching and my friend actually made a comment about him - even if he was slightly unimpressed at his S club 7 music!!!!

Herts05

Visit site
Well done you!
I saw him a couple of times when he was stabled at Brackenspa Stud and I can tell you that this boy is chilled personified.
He was being plaited up for a competition, was in the stable with the door open, untied and pretty much asleep - so no problems there. I am sure he will produce you a lovely horse.

LynneB

Visit site
lol Amour G's owner has said that they had some wonderful music lined up for him to present to, but it wouldn't play! So the S Club 7 was put on as an emergency replacement

Congratulations on the FI win too!

Thistle

Visit site
I have a Future Illusion baby!

He is nearly 7 months. I have met Louis (FI) a number of times both at comps and when he was at Jeanette Brakewells, he has always been well behaved. His owner, Julia is very knowlegable and helpful.

I used him on my 148cm Sec D x Newfie mare. She had evented at BE Novice and SJ'd at 110cm sucessfully.

The foal, Wallabee to his friends (reg as Opptikal Illusion) is bay with 4 white ankle socks and a huge star, mare is bay with 3 whites and a blaze/stripe. He is fairly well mannered (for a colt) is relatively easy to handle and is coping well with the initial steps of weaning (I doing it gradually as I don't need to work the mare or put her back in foal).

Foal seems to have a nice attitude (mare is a total superstar, like handling a well trained dog) he is quick to learn and seems to understand his boundaries, when I say NO I mean NO!

If I was breeding again I wouldn't hesitate to use him. The mare I may breed from next is also by Fleetwater Opposition so Future Illusion is not an option.