Future Illusion.

sare_bear

Visit site
Hello.

Thought I had decided on a stallion, but for some reason keep coming back to Future Illusion. My mare bred a foal to Fleetwater Opposition and he turned out a cracker in stamp, movement and nicely bold, but sadly despite my best efforts ended up with mismatch feet that have plagued him and is retired in my field being an expensive pet!! My OH says I am mad to even think about FI and maybe he is right. I love his knees up style jumping that my FO had, but notice not the most careful on his record. I take it, as most of them are doing well showing, he doesn't seem to throw odd feet like his sire?? Does anyone know if they are more grounded than FO stock? Any info would be great. If not sure will continue on with my original choice of Creevagh Ferro.

Thanks.

ihatework

Visit site
I think with this stallion it depends on what you want to breed and what the dam is.
He is nice enough and seems to throw showy types.
I have to say having seen him out competing he doesn't do much for me in the flesh as a potential sire of sporthorses.
I don't however have any direct experience of his offspring do can't help there.
I on initial impression prefer the studs other stallion

popsdosh

Visit site
I think with this stallion it depends on what you want to breed and what the dam is.
He is nice enough and seems to throw showy types.
I have to say having seen him out competing he doesn't do much for me in the flesh as a potential sire of sporthorses.
I don't however have any direct experience of his offspring do can't help there.
I on initial impression prefer the studs other stallion

I was trying not to get into trouble however I agree with your comments. Could say more but shouldnt PM me

sare_bear

Visit site
Thanks all. Popsdosh will pm'd you.
I do really like Gravitis, but like my mare, has a lot of height on the sire's side 17hh +. Despite her only being 15.3hh, she throws big foals as a result and feel the foal could be huge.
Sadly Springs, am not in the UK so cant go. Would have been great.
I would love another FO like mine with decent feet, hence mulling over FI. Will go and see Ferro and decide whether he is a good match.

Kathy657

Visit site
You have to wonder why you ended up with mismatched feet before you think about breeding. what is it you want to breed? He does throw showy types, but if you want to breed a competition horse, there are horses with better records out there.

sare_bear

Visit site
Thanks Kathy657. This mare is a premium graded broodmare with great feet. No odd feet in any of her other foals, (1 been to HOYS for WH) and I was told a couple of years back that FO did throw odd front feet. Look at Opposition Buzz. Thanks wanted a competition horse, so will go back to my original list, I think.

sare_bear

Visit site
Thanks Kathy. A lot of Creevagh Ferro's progeny seem to perform at a decent level eventing and show jumping. Only thing is a few can have slightly long necks, but obviously don't know what the dams conformation has been like. Think I will move him back to the top of the list again.