Future of Futurity - Thoughts?!

TheMule

Visit site
It's being run by an excellent set of people. I hope it returns with some of the niggles fixed and can be a really positive shop window for our British bred youngstock. If it can gain the support of a few more of the breeding 'names' in the country that would help

popsdosh

Visit site
It's being run by an excellent set of people. I hope it returns with some of the niggles fixed and can be a really positive shop window for our British bred youngstock. If it can gain the support of a few more of the breeding 'names' in the country that would help

It will indeed be interesting ,im not sure people will be won over . My immediate reservations would centre around somebody from a major studbook which does not value DNA verification or indeed protection of breeders prefixes at this time added to them having very little regard for the quality of mares used to breed from ,which are the foundation of any breeding program. Just my initial view ,I hope im wrong but will need convincing!

sywell

Visit site
It will indeed be interesting ,im not sure people will be won over . My immediate reservations would centre around somebody from a major studbook which does not value DNA verification or indeed protection of breeders prefixes at this time added to them having very little regard for the quality of mares used to breed from ,which are the foundation of any breeding program. Just my initial view ,I hope im wrong but will need convincing!

I would only accept pedigrees backed by DNA parentage testing I have knowledge of reputable breeders making mistakes. If studboks do not accept prefixes then use a suffix. I would only accept performance tested mares parentage tested.

popsdosh

Visit site
I would only accept pedigrees backed by DNA parentage testing I have knowledge of reputable breeders making mistakes. If studboks do not accept prefixes then use a suffix. I would only accept performance tested mares parentage tested.

My point was about the make up of the board controlling this now and its relevance to what the futurity is about . Its not a question of accepting prefixes but allowing others to use yours as they dont give a damn and dont recognise the prefix register.